• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RUMOR - Jungle Book Alive to close Sept 5th (Mel730 has an update on pg. 5)

This photo is from the spring while they were still constructing the theater, before the show was cancelled. Just want to FYI so that no one thinks there is construction still happening back there. Blog Mickey posted the recent and past photos of testing to compare that it looks the same.

Mike @ Blog Mickey‏@Blog_Mickey
Looks like our first look at the RoL centerpiece. New image is what they're testing now, 2nd is what they've tested
Mike_71 is the mike from blog mickey

Mike_71 is the mike from blog mickey

Thanks for the connect. It still seems to be a confusing post for a general reader perspective since the photo is not the current testing. As someone just looking at it I would assume there is current construction going on in the theater and may not pick up on the extra petals being the reason.

Thanks for sharing this picture...the pics of the floats out on the water alone makes them look quite a bit smaller than when you see them like this with a person standing next to them for a size perspective...they are much bigger than I thought!

Well, that and those people are probably a good 20 to 30 feet away from the floats too.

The large lotus centerpiece flower is the largest float in rivers of light I believe.

Thanks for the connect. It still seems to be a confusing post for a general reader perspective since the photo is not the current testing. As someone just looking at it I would assume there is current construction going on in the theater and may not pick up on the extra petals being the reason.

Yeah, I probably could have clarified better, but I was just focusing on the size/shape of the lotus itself. Not so much the background.

Yeah, I probably could have clarified better, but I was just focusing on the size/shape of the lotus itself. Not so much the background.

The downfall of being more in the know and what to focus on. Even as close as I follow this the first thing I saw were the construction workers and thought "what now?" That was when I backtracked and read the tweet.

Wonder why all the extra petals, assuming it's the same float, got added? If it were a matter of positioning system problems - why this? I thought at the "preview" where they had the lotus out they worked fine. Just strange to me.

The downfall of being more in the know and what to focus on. Even as close as I follow this the first thing I saw were the construction workers and thought "what now?" That was when I backtracked and read the tweet.

Wonder why all the extra petals, assuming it's the same float, got added? If it were a matter of positioning system problems - why this? I thought at the "preview" where they had the lotus out they worked fine. Just strange to me.
That isn't the same float. There is one large lotus and four smaller ones. The large lotus has more petals than the smaller ones.

That isn't the same float. There is one large lotus and four smaller ones. The large lotus has more petals than the smaller ones.

That is further confusing ......... why compare then?

That looks to be the centerpiece for the show. Seems much larger than what we've seen before.

RiversOfLight_Floats_03232016-4.jpg

That is further confusing ......... why compare then?
Mike was comparing the size difference between the two types of lotus flowers. You can tell one is much larger. Previously we had only seen the smaller one out on the water. Now we have finally seen the bigger one. I really don't see why its that confusing.

Mike was comparing the size difference between the two types of lotus flowers. You can tell one is much larger. Previously we had only seen the smaller one out on the water. Now we have finally seen the bigger one. I really don't see why its that confusing.

I'm not confused and I know what the renderings presented and followed along photos of the testing. What is confusing is the way the information comes across to the general reader and that is that the lotus flower float got bigger. I was trying to clarify. All in how it was posted is all, single floats compared to each other as if they were the same. Would have been better to post a photo of the group of smaller floats and state that the "new" centerpiece float (that without searching sounds like no one saw.....??) is much bigger than the four other lotus floats. When posting we have to assume not everyone is not fully aware and reads things more literally.

Mike @ Blog Mickey ‏@Blog_Mickey 8h8 hours ago

Looks like our first look at the RoL centerpiece. New image is what they're testing now, 2nd is what they've tested

CoSzqEiWcAAhj3I.jpg

CoSzrxoXYAELkxI.jpg

One of these photos would have been clearer ..... http://blogmickey.com/2016/03/photos-rivers-light-floats/

4hhMkhW.jpg

RiversOfLight_Floats_03232016-12.jpg

I'm not confused and I know what the renderings presented and followed along photos of the testing. What is confusing is the way the information comes across to the general reader and that is that the lotus flower float got bigger. I was trying to clarify. All in how it was posted is all, single floats compared to each other as if they were the same. Would have been better to post a photo of the group of smaller floats and state that the "new" centerpiece float (that without searching sounds like no one saw.....??) is much bigger than the four other lotus floats. When posting we have to assume not everyone is not fully aware and reads things more literally.

CoSzqEiWcAAhj3I.jpg

CoSzrxoXYAELkxI.jpg

One of these photos would have been clearer ..... http://blogmickey.com/2016/03/photos-rivers-light-floats/

4hhMkhW.jpg

I see what you are saying but in a tweet you can't be very thorough. You only have 140 characters. Mike said the first photo was the larger float that is new to testing and the 2nd photo is the float we have already seen being tested.

CoSzqEiWcAAhj3I.jpg

CoSzrxoXYAELkxI.jpg

4hhMkhW.jpg

I beg to differ. I understood quite fine, and I am a "general reader". I guess if you did understand, then perhaps best to not make an issue of it. Let us "general readers" speak for ourselves, better to not make assumptions about our reading comprehension.

The current target is Labor Day (don't go and book your trip around that date though) however they are not ready to announce anything just yet. Testing is going well and there were some modifications made to the original show during the downtime.

The current target is Labor Day (don't go and book your trip around that date though) however they are not ready to announce anything just yet. Testing is going well and there were some modifications made to the original show during the downtime.
Yep

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/07/rumor-rivers-of-light-at-animal-kingdom-may-be-nearing-completion/

WDW New Today is reporting it could be done in September. Who knows with Disney though, it may not be ready for my (probably handsome, smart and weird) grandkids.
WDWNT likes to "steal" news sometimes. Posters on wdwmagic have been saying September is the target time for months now. They do hope to have it by Labor day but that is no guarantee. They want it up as soon as possible but they don't want to rush it either.

WDWNT likes to "steal" news sometimes. Posters on wdwmagic have been saying September is the target time for months now. They do hope to have it by Labor day but that is no guarantee. They want it up as soon as possible but they don't want to rush it either.

I personally will be very surprised if the show opens Labor Day. I myself see October as more practical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter