Rivers of Light by the end of October?!?

Here is the latest

• Rivers of Light previews begin within next couple weeks
  • Previews move to open to all guests but not it won't be considered fully open yet
  • Mid November Grand Opening

I really really hope we catch the previews! We fly on Tuesday and leave the 18th.

Does anyone have experience with previews for other shows? Are they announced day-of in the park? Will they show up on the entertainments schedule, etc? Our AK day is the 17th so "if" previews are going to be happening I want to try and figure out what I need to do in order to see the show. If that means waiting in line for hours, we may just catch it the next time or try to find a spot around the lake where it can be seen outside of the seating section (which if we do we'll definitely report back on it)!

Does anyone have experience with previews for other shows? Are they announced day-of in the park? Will they show up on the entertainments schedule, etc? Our AK day is the 17th so "if" previews are going to be happening I want to try and figure out what I need to do in order to see the show. If that means waiting in line for hours, we may just catch it the next time or try to find a spot around the lake where it can be seen outside of the seating section (which if we do we'll definitely report back on it)!
I don't think you can compare this to other shows because of the unique circumstances. The initial previews will be for AP or DVC groups only.

Wow, this is a pretty stark contrast to our travel agent, who I spoke to the other day- she was skeptical even clients going in January would get to see it based on her travel guide grapevine. Hopefully the board's right and she's not! *fingers crossed*

Wow, this is a pretty stark contrast to our travel agent, who I spoke to the other day- she was skeptical even clients going in January would get to see it based on her travel guide grapevine. Hopefully the board's right and she's not! *fingers crossed*
She probably just doesn't want to get anyone's hopes up to be disappointed. This will open before the end of the year.

I don't think you can compare this to other shows because of the unique circumstances. The initial previews will be for AP or DVC groups only.

:sad::sad::sad:

So...looks like plan B for us -- look for places to view elsewhere around the lake.

What does this mean exactly?

Do you mean possibly able to reserve a FP+ for use before the grand opening? (for instance, I would love to have a FP+ for 11/11)
That is a soft opening essentially

There might be a possibility of FP before the grand opening but that's not a sure thing by any means.

People are asking a lot of questions about FP+ and dining package availability - but the fact is no-one really knows. There's never been a new night-time show that opened when all these things were available. (Heck, the last new nighttime show like this was fantasmic twenty years ago.) On top of that, the near six-month delay in the opening of the show affects things as well - they don't want to announce a date AGAIN and not meet it.

So the answer is - no one is sure. Likely "soft openings" means either no fastpass or handing out fastpasses in park on the day of - so in other words, only day of Fastpasses similar to how it's handled in California - and probably no dining packages. All these things likely won't start until the "official" opening date, which still isn't known either! However, this is all just educated guessing.

The best thing to do is watch the Rumors board - @rteetz (or others) will have information posted here minutes after it's announced.

Just crossing fingers we somehow magically get in to see it during our mid-Oct. trip. I am doubtful but hopeful. Like playing the lottery. :)

I think our odds are getting better.. Never know, but I have this feeling lol..

Man this thing better be a literal rolls royce of shows with all the money and problems and delays it's had. We'll be in AK on 11/3 (though we don't leave WDW til 11/8 and have park hoppers so we can run over there if it drops), so here's hoping there's a soft opening or a preview or something such. If not, there's always youtube. =)

So if there was an AP or DVC preview how do you find out about that? Do they send email invitations?
Obviously this is no guarantee but we happened to be traveling to WDW a couple times previously when they had previews of movies at Disney Springs that were coming out the following weekend. Both times we received an email from Disney less than a week or so in advance with the invitation to attend the free event. So if you are going to be there in mid-late Oct I'd keep an eye on your email and the board. Someone is bound to post it here if they find out about it.

Obviously this is no guarantee but we happened to be traveling to WDW a couple times previously when they had previews of movies at Disney Springs that were coming out the following weekend. Both times we received an email from Disney less than a week or so in advance with the invitation to attend the free event. So if you are going to be there in mid-late Oct I'd keep an eye on your email and the board. Someone is bound to post it here if they find out about it.
Thank you! I head down on the 14th for a short trip, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If not this trip, I'll be back in February :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter