Rivers of America Indian village question

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
During our recent (first!) trip to DL, we took a ride on the Mark Twin riverboat. (Actually, DS6 was driving, so we had the captain, Elizabeth, all to ourselves!) As we came to the Indian village, I heard the elder speaking, and I asked Elizabeth, "Is that Sioux?" She said she didn't know what the language was, only that it was authentic.

Does anyone know anything more about this? I'm pretty sure it is Sioux, and I'm curious what the elder was saying. Now that would be a good trivia question!

Well the indians that are at Disneyland were part of Yesterland and are there still to represent many tribes, and the Indian Village presents the culture, customs, and arts of Native America as they tend to their canoes, cook wild boar etc as they tell stories around a fire. BUT the indians are actually called Pinewood Indians as they are made from real pinewood.

As for the language, I have no idea.

From my recollections of what the Lakota language (aka Sioux) sounds like, I've always believed that it is indeed Lakota.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter