River Roost at POR for first night?

wdwnut2

Mouseketeer
First off, I hope I'm posting this on the correct forum:confused:

I've been trying to decide what to do on our first night. By the time we check in to our hotel and unpack (because yes, I am anal, and I can't do anything until I'm unpacked!) I'm guessing it will be around 7:30-8:00 pm. I've been thinking about heading to River Roost for drinks and appetizers (I'm hoping they serve food?) and to listen to the piano entertainment (Ack! I'm embarrased to admit the piano player's name escapes me! Bob?). "We" is DH and myself, in our early 30's. Would this be a fun first night? Any other "young-mid adults" enjoy this lounge?

We just got back from POR this week.
Caught Bob Jackson's act on Thursday 8/14.
He is wonderful. We were there with our kids but there were many adults there also. My friend and I are in our 30's and really enjoyed him. He had adults singing also.
He is there Wed thru Sat 7 PM - 12 AM. You can have drinks and they have snacks such as nachos (which looked really good).

We really loved POR. It is a beautiful resort.

If you are interested in a trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424941
(hopefully this will work, if not: look for firstmickey reports. The one about Bob Jackson is Day 3.

I would be happy to answer any other questions about the resort

Donna

You'll have a great time with Bob. My DH and I are also in our early 30's and enjoyed the show a lot. We did have our kids with us but I think we enjoyed it more than them. We had a couple of drinks from the bar and ordered the nachos. I don't know what day of the week you are arriving but Bob does not perform every night.

You could also take the boat to DD and Pleasure Island. This is something we look forward to doing if we ever have a adult only trip or bring along a babysitter.

Enjoy your stay and have fun!

Thanks! We will be arriving on a Friday night, so it sounds as though Bob should be playing! Drinks and nachos sounds like a perfect start to a vacation!:teeth:

How could you forget Bob's name: click here to see Bob Jackson's beautiful face! ;)

I adore Port Orleans (I've only stayed in the French Quarter, though). I can't wait to see Bob on my upcoming vacation (we won't be staying at Port Orleans but will definitely take a taxi cab over to the resort in order to see his show).

We ate there our first night. It was very relaxing and nice after a really long drive. We had wings and some sort of fried cheese. It sounds gross but it tasted great. However, (and I know people will freak out about this) I do not care for Bob. When I am in a lounge I do not want that much noise, that much crowding, nor do I want that many kids. Now before people start to howl about it being Disney and kids should be everywhere, I do not think they should be in a bar. JMHO. We stayed away from the lounge on Bob's nights but we always found plenty to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter