1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

River Country

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by Tri-circle-D, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisneyBishops

DisneyBishops Fort Veteran

looks like great place for gators now. what a shame disney just lets things go to pieces. river country was a great little water park. don't know why they didn;'t at least keep the pool open. they just let things go away. kinda like the swamp trail. it used to be a great place to walk and enjoy the nature. but now i guess they are more interested in making money than keeping all the neat things up and running at the fort.

anyway tcd how did you get in there?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. campingpug

campingpug Earning My Ears

Awesome report! :worship:

4. daddyphat808

daddyphat808 Mouseketeer

WOW!!! You my friend are a true man of danger! I only hope someday I can explore like this.

You are the man!!!

5. DisCamper

DisCamper Just waiting for the next WDW trip

GREAT job on the pics. Now we will have to go over the top and get snake bitten to take better pics look for me at Celebeation Hospital.

6. mreyes01430

mreyes01430 Mouseketeer

After looking at the pictures - I am shocked that Disney has not torn it down by now! That is a huge liability and LAWSUIT waiting to happen. The scary thing is that they are so into security - anyone could hang out there and never be seen> I went there many moons ago and I am amazed that the area looks the way it does.... :eek:

7. stacktester

stacktester DIS Veteran

I was wondering where you've been Andrew. Todd would have to rent a helicopter to get better pics lol. Is this your comeback? Glad to see you made such an interesting spy mission.

8. ynottony99

ynottony99 Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!

Great job!!! Wonderful reporting. Did you bring out any souvenirs?? I would have had to pick up an item or 2.

The last time I tried to get some photos of RC I was creeping around the fence/wall up near the front area, and got nervous, looking over my shoulder, just raising my camera up and over the top to snap a few pics.

So, what's next on your list of off limits areas? How about Discovery Island?:thumbsup2

9. HippieCamper

HippieCamper Who brought the bubble wrap?

I am sooooo jealous! It is so creepy though, looking at those pics! It looks like the aftermath of a nuclear attack. Now I'm scared of what Todd is going to do!

10. des1954

des1954 DIS Veteran

I don't know how you do it!! You get into places no one else would even think about going!!

These pictures remind me of scenes from History Channel's "Life After People" program. Sad...sad...sad.

11. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al

Andrew, Next time try to be a little more thorough on your report.......

12. DisCamper

Andrew, great job on the pics. Now I will have to spend thousands of dollars to outdo what you have done. We are looking for a helicopter to come into Disney airspace and shoot better pics than you did. So, just so you know - it's on!!! ;)

13. tloveswdw

tloveswdw Mouseketeer

Wow... you are stealthy!

I loved River Country... and, your pics, well I can remember every slide!

14. stacktester

stacktester DIS Veteran

I saw Andrew and the twins at Trails End last night. He was a little upset with his Gators. Sorry Todd but he had some kind of hovercraft golfcart he had rented but wouldn't give me the co. he rented it from.

15. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al

stalker.

16. I'mDownWithDisney

I'mDownWithDisney Mouseketeer

Very cool report...bittersweet, though. Thanks for posting.

17. Poohbear123

Poohbear123 <font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br

It sure is.....:sad2:

18. RocklandRVers

RocklandRVers Mouseketeer

[​IMG]

TCD, what is on the plaque in this photo. I would think it might be a nice piece of memorabilia for some RC cast members who may have been recognized for their service.

It is a shame the place is just left to rot. At least clean up the garbage. GEEZ! :scared1:

19. Tiggntaz

Tiggntaz Keeping an eye on Tigger

TCD,

Nice work with the pics!!

Anyone hear anything about Disney tearing it down? Tigg was saying she heard they might tear it down and build DVC camp sites in that area.

But then again that probly came from a bus driver, who talked to a boat captin, who talked to a life guard who talked to Walt.

20. DisCamper

Andrew sorry I missed you at Trails End when you meet up with Matt & Cheryl. My Cheryle and I would have liked to have met you. You give great fort reports and Pics.

21. Poohbear123

Poohbear123 <font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br

I actually asked this question about 2 years ago, and the Boat Driver said "It can't be done, due to the ground being "unsafe" so to speak...:confused3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.