Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes.

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by sirJeffrey90, Dec 10, 2009.

1. sirJeffrey90

sirJeffrey90 Mouseketeer

Has anyone stayed here before? How are the rooms and services (housekeeping, concierge, transportation)? And how far is it from Disney?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mshoo1

mshoo1 Mouseketeer

My family has stayed there on two occasions and I highly recommend it. It's our favorite hotel in Orlando. The rooms are well furnished and the service level meets or exceeds the other Ritz Carlton properties I have visited. In my opinion, the rooms and service at the Ritz blows away any of the Disney hotels. We have stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Poly, and I can honestly say that the Ritz is a MUCH nicer hotel. It's not even close.

The one downside of the Ritz is that its located about 10-15 minutes from Disney. I would highly recommend renting a car if you are going to stay at the Ritz. I should also note that the hotel is very close to Sea World--probably less than a mile.

The hotel grounds are very pretty. The hotel sits on a lake. The hotel has all of the amenities you would expect at a higher end hotel--pools, spa, restaurants (great food but very expensive), etc. In addition, you have full access to the facilities at the JW Marriott next door--including their amazing lazy river.

Housekeeping did a great job throughout our stay. They even made certain that they finished our room before my daughter's nap time.

4. tednvon

tednvon DIS Veteran

Hi, never stayed there, but a friend of mine who travels pretty first class for a living said it was the best hotel he ever stayed in!!! Sooooooooooo...enjoy!!

Ted

5. sirJeffrey90

sirJeffrey90 Mouseketeer

That is so great to know, thanks, both of you! I will definitely add it to my hotel options for my trip!

6. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Does anyone have restaurant reviews for the Ritz?