Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was NOT smooth in the morning and early afternoon. There were two length downtimes...but they had a pretty good late afternoon and evening that made up for it.

If it is like yesterday, you'd be called between 6 and 6:30 PM.

If they have a day like their best day ever (last Saturday) you'd be called between 5 and 5:30 PM

And if they have a perfect day, you might get called around 3PM.

May the Force Be With You.
Oh, and if it is like the worst Saturday ever... just before 8PM

Hopefully that gives you some hope.

Hello,

If I want to go to Disneyland park and it is not an EMH or Manic Morning then it will be regular entry time correct? or is Magic morning an anytime perk if you qualify for it?

Trying to figure out the best ROTR line strategy and can't understand if this will be an issue or not.
DL has magic morning/EMH on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

On those days, people with early entry privileges can enter the park an hour early.

On other days, everyone has the same opening time.

You might want to check out the Boarding Group thread. Bottom line is that MM doesn't help you get a BG in most cases because BGs become available via the app at opening time to everyone who is in the park at that time. MM might help you get in position at BG kiosk for a paper BG, but that's about it.

How hard is getting a boarding pass on the week days? Is it like this every morning or just weekends?

How hard is getting a boarding pass on the week days? Is it like this every morning or just weekends?
Every day is nutty, and almost every day the regular boarding groups are gone within a minute of park open (yesterday, though, they lasted for 2 min. However, non MM days typically see backup BGs last much longer - though today we saw backups last for 15 minutes which was unheard of for a Saturday.

I had been thinking of going tomorrow. Sundays are my usual day since it is normally less crowded than Saturday. I also still have 3 Sip & Savor passes for the Lunar New Year festival that have to be used by Monday.

I figured tomorrow might be even a little less busy due to the Academy Awards starting later in the afternoon. So those who wanted to watch it probably won't wait around if they get a higher boarding group.

But now it sounds like a certainty that it will be raining all day tomorrow. This morning, the forecast showed showers starting around sunrise, and continuing into the afternoon. I suspect that many, like myself, who don't particularly relish walking around in the rain, won't bother going for the 8 AM "lottery."

While I could perhaps work around spending time at the parks in the rain, I don't relish the idea of driving to & from Disneyland in it. Not to mention I wouldn't mind sleeping in tomorrow, especially if it's raining, so I'm starting to lean against going. For those willing to brave it, I think the "guaranteed" groups might last a little bit longer, and even more likely would be the backup groups being available for lots of minutes.

For those willing to brave it, I think the "guaranteed" groups might last a little bit longer, and even more likely would be the backup groups being available for lots of minutes.
Unless @yulilin3 's theory is right and they really are just giving boarding groups to everyone for the first minute of the day.

Unless @yulilin3 's theory is right and they really are just giving boarding groups to everyone for the first minute of the day.
It’s not a theory. The boarding groups given out for each day only last one Minute. That’s how many people are in the park at park opening. It only takes about one minute to fill the regular group numbers for the day every day.

It’s not a theory. The boarding groups given out for each day only last one Minute. That’s how many people are in the park at park opening. It only takes about one minute to fill the regular group numbers for the day every day.
There's a difference between guaranteeing boarding groups for ALL until :01:00 vs all guaranteed boarding groups running out at about :01:00.

There's an opinion that there's a former happening but evidence to date tends to support the latter. The question is as capacity/reliability rises (or opening crowds dwindle-- gasp!) will the :01:00 remain or not? Will Disney adjust the # of guaranteed groups to remain at :01:00 or will it go adjust the guaranteed CALLED 72 groups as it stands now at DLR?

That’s not what the person just posted ... different topics ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter