Rip tour or hhn express pass!!?

jessieroo

DIS Veteran
My husband and daughter plan on going to IOA on October 9th. They want to add on the Stay & Scream for HHN. Does the RIP tour include taking them on the rides or just the houses? Would there be any time left to get on the rides after the tour? This is the sunday of Columbus Day weekend, will the HHN express pass get them thru all the houses and on the open rides? Does time allow for everything to be done? Sorry for all the questions! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

My husband and daughter plan on going to IOA on October 9th. They want to add on the Stay & Scream for HHN. Does the RIP tour include taking them on the rides or just the houses? Would there be any time left to get on the rides after the tour? This is the sunday of Columbus Day weekend, will the HHN express pass get them thru all the houses and on the open rides? Does time allow for everything to be done? Sorry for all the questions! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

if you are planning on the regular tour, you will be in a group of 12 other peeps.

you are led by the tour guide.
they will decide the event for the evening.
You will hit the houses and scare zones and bill and ted's show.
the tour you want will last up to 4 hours.

when it is over, you can continue to do the park on your own.

i did the public tour a couple of times.
it included the houses but there were only 6 at that time, the zones and the bill and teds show.
the ride we did was Jaws at night.

this is from the website:

on the website it lists:

Non-Private RIP Toursfrom $150 per person, +tax & event admission
Indulge in an evening of unbridled terror! You and your party, along with other RIP Tour guests, will be combined together and experience a structured, guided walking tour of a single Halloween Horror Nights® event night. You’ll experience all the haunted houses and have reserved seating for the Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure show.

Non-Peak Nights (Park closes at 12 midnight or 1:00am)
Tours depart at 8:00pm only on the nights of September 23, 29, October 2, 6, 19, 26, 30 & 31.
Tours depart at 8:00pm and 9:00pm on the nights of October 9, 13, 16, 20, 23 & 27.
Combined groups consist of up to 12 guests* and the duration of the tour is up to 4 hours.
Price: $150 per person, +tax & event admission

if you go with the express passes, you will be able to enter each house once, same for the rides.
only the first show of bill and ted's will be valid for the epp on the night you go.

it is cheaper to use the epp but if you haven't done the rip tours before, you might like it.
you don't have line waits and everything is planned for the group in advance.

if this is the first time you are going to hhn, it might be a good thing for your family.

i liked the regular tours for hhn.
you don't have to plan the evening out, it is done for you.
very enjoyable way to enjoy hhn when it is crowded.

i used to do them but switched to private tours years back.
i prefer the 7 hour tours and involvement in the planning.

after thinking about your question, if you take the rip tour of 4 hours, you can cover the houses and zones plus the show, still have time to catch the rides that night.

there could be only 4 rides open for hhn.
in the past years, it has been, Jaws, Mummy, MIB, Simpsons.

not sure yet if it will be the same rides this season.

Thanks for the help!! I will pass along your answer and maybe that will help them decide!

i read on another site last night that the RRR should be open for hhn.

that is what was planned last year also but it didn't happen.......

if you are planning on the regular tour, you will be in a group of 12 other peeps.

you are led by the tour guide.
they will decide the event for the evening.
You will hit the houses and scare zones and bill and ted's show.
the tour you want will last up to 4 hours.

when it is over, you can continue to do the park on your own.

i did the public tour a couple of times.
it included the houses but there were only 6 at that time, the zones and the bill and teds show.
the ride we did was Jaws at night.

this is from the website:

on the website it lists:

Non-Private RIP Toursfrom $150 per person, +tax & event admission
Indulge in an evening of unbridled terror! You and your party, along with other RIP Tour guests, will be combined together and experience a structured, guided walking tour of a single Halloween Horror Nights® event night. You’ll experience all the haunted houses and have reserved seating for the Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure show.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

The RIP Tour sounds awesome! I would love to do that if I had a bigger vacation budget. I was reading on some forums that wait times can be long even with express passes and it is rare to see everything in one night.
Maybe next year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!