RIP Thread

Just read that "Dandy" Don Meredith passed away from a brain hemorrage. RIP Don. One of the greats in football history.

Just read that "Dandy" Don Meredith passed away from a brain hemorrage. RIP Don. One of the greats in football history.
Just got home and heard that, too bad.
MNF with him, Howard, and Frank. They've never been able to match that chemistry. I wasn't a football fan at the time, but when they started MNF, I watched for the heck of it, that was all she wrote. Huge fan ever since.

Just got home and heard that, too bad.
MNF with him, Howard, and Frank. They've never been able to match that chemistry. I wasn't a football fan at the time, but when they started MNF, I watched for the heck of it, that was all she wrote. Huge fan ever since.

Don & Howard were the real chemistry of MNF. We now begin the passing of the 70's football & TV stars. Sad. Just sad. :sad1:

I used to live (and still work) in Santa Fe. "Dandy" Don Meredith lived here for the past 25 years or so. Got to talk to Don on several occasions. He was truly an amazing guy. He will be missed.

"Turn out the lights the party's over they say that all good things must end
Let's call it a night the party's over and tomorrow starts the same old thing again" RIP in Don.

Fort Worth/Dallas sports talk radio is reminiscing about Dandy Don today. All of his home games, high school through the pros, were played within +/-100 miles of his Texas home.

Elizabeth Edwards, a very respected and admired woman, passed away today. She showed alot of courage and always held her head high. She will be deeply missed.

And yes, Al, she did deserve better!!

March 21, 1918- Dec. 22, 2010

My husband Bob lost his mom today. She passed quietly while in the hospital. With both Bob and his brother by her side.
She was a classy lady.
She raised a wonderful son, and I'm proud to say she was my mother in law for the past 34 years.
She will be greatly missed.

I am so sorry for all of you.I pray that God will comfort all of you in this sad time .Our prays be with you all and may she rest in peace.

Oh Phyllis, I am so very sorry. Please give Bob a hug from us. I will pray for peace in your hearts and minds.

Phyllis, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband..

Thank you Denise and Frank. I Appreciate the kind words, and will pass them along to Bob.
Looks as if we're facing another tough holiday. I feel so badly for Bob. I know the woman was near 93 years old..but, hey..your mom is your mom, no matter how old you are. He visited her faithfully once a week straight from work and always brought them dinner. She was very self sufficent and had all her faculties right up to the end. I'm so glad he was with her when she passed. He takes comfort in the fact that she actually passed very peacefully. Since he has a brother who lives in Canada, and the Christmas holiday as well, the service and burial won't be until Monday. It wil be held it in our church, and it's beautifully decorated for Christmas this time of year. She came quite a few times to Christmas Eve service with us, and I think she'd like "going home" for Christmas from there.

Peace and love to you and Bob, Phyllis. Hug each other a lot this Christmas.

Phyllis, I am so sorry. :hug: to both you and Bob. No matter how old we get, or our parents get, they are still our mommy or daddy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Bob and the rest of your family.

So sorry Phyllis. Please extend my condolences to Bob and your family. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter