Riding The Monorail?

shultice

Earning My Ears
We arrive in Disneyland next Saturday,but we are not planning on going to a park on that day. My question is
can we take a ride on the monorail? My son loves the monorail- if it were up to him we would just ride that the whole trip!! We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Also where do we catch the monorail?? Oh I hope we can.
Thanks for any info
Heidi:)

When we there 2 weeks ago you could NOT ride the monorail just for fun.

If you board the monorail in Downtown Disney you have to get off in Tomorrowland.

However, if you board the monorail in Tomorrowland you can ride it all the way around one time and then get off in Tomorrowland.

So basically, you have to get off in Tomorrowland.

:( :( :(

Why is this? :confused:

Unlike WDW, you have always had to give them your park pass or hand stamp before boarding the monorail at the DL hotel. This was the case even before the recent expansion and continues that way. We visited in January and took the monorail from the park to what is now DD. I don't blame your son, even as adults we always have to take the monorail.

...they scanned our admission tickets before we could board the monorail at DD.

Yup, they scanned our tickets as well.

I guess the monorail is considered one of the Disneyland park's rides.

I understand why they do it, I just don't like it. ;)

The Monorail goes right into the middle of the park, between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. All passengers must disembark at the Monorail station in the park. You can make a round-trip from inside the park, but you cannot make a round-trip from the Monorail station Outside the park. Therefore, the Monorail Station at the Disneyland Hotel/Downtown Disney is considered a park entry gate. It truly is an attraction, not just a mode of transportation.

I guess they made the improvements at WDW. We were surprized when we were denied access our first day on site. It is nice to ride around the parks and all so if you can do it. We saw a monorail stopped for over two hours at DD as someone threw a ball on the track. Boy were those riders upset!!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter