Riding the Airtran RollerCoaster! Keep hands & feet inside at all times !

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
:cool1:

The UP - I picked ( by coincidence) the absolute last day to transfer AMEX points to Airtran before their um, relationship dissolved. :scared1:

The UP - The Flights choices weren't that bad - get there early afternoon, leave late.

The DOWN - did find out & end up paying for seating assignments. but that's okay, wanna make sure we are together & at the front of the plane

The DOWN - 3 times since booking in february, I've been notified that flight times changed...however, only by 5 to 10 minutes

The LOOP - Today's change involved my 1st flight changed from 10:15 departure to a 8:30 departure with same connecting flight time out of Atlanta. IN a stunning move of my own I called & asked for an earlier connecting flight...and THEY did it without charging me... :banana: Cool beans...I , I mean "WE" get to the MOUSE 2 hours sooner.

The BIG DROP - got the confirmation email - argh...they moved my first flight also. (nice lady on the phone didn't say ANYTHING about my 8:30 flight changing...but anyway we now leave at 6:15am!!! :dance3: oh well, just going with it.... lol... I'm SURE the teenagers won't mind getting up that early to get to see Mickey 2 hours sooner. :rolleyes1

Never flown airtran before...I SURE hope their pilots fly better than the scheduling system....just kidding!!!! I guess they're just in flux after being bought out by Southwest? I sure hope so....

Meanwhile, I just sit here waiting for the next big UP or down..:surfweb:

:cool1:

The UP - I picked ( by coincidence) the absolute last day to transfer AMEX points to Airtran before their um, relationship dissolved. :scared1:

The UP - The Flights choices weren't that bad - get there early afternoon, leave late.

The DOWN - did find out & end up paying for seating assignments. but that's okay, wanna make sure we are together & at the front of the plane

The DOWN - 3 times since booking in february, I've been notified that flight times changed...however, only by 5 to 10 minutes

The LOOP - Today's change involved my 1st flight changed from 10:15 departure to a 8:30 departure with same connecting flight time out of Atlanta. IN a stunning move of my own I called & asked for an earlier connecting flight...and THEY did it without charging me... :banana: Cool beans...I , I mean "WE" get to the MOUSE 2 hours sooner.

The BIG DROP - got the confirmation email - argh...they moved my first flight also. (nice lady on the phone didn't say ANYTHING about my 8:30 flight changing...but anyway we now leave at 6:15am!!! :dance3: oh well, just going with it.... lol... I'm SURE the teenagers won't mind getting up that early to get to see Mickey 2 hours sooner. :rolleyes1

Never flown airtran before...I SURE hope their pilots fly better than the scheduling system....just kidding!!!! I guess they're just in flux after being bought out by Southwest? I sure hope so....

Meanwhile, I just sit here waiting for the next big UP or down..:surfweb:

Cute description - sadly Airtran won't be Airtran much longer but having been a customer for a long time I will say this is typically the time of year there is a big adjustment in their flight schedules.

Liz

Airtran is notorious for schedule changes. My parents and I have flown them enough and have never ended up with flights at the times that we booked.

You are very fortunate that the changes worked in favor of having more time on your vacation. Mine always ended up cutting short my vacation by hours or almost a full day unless I called and screamed. We're very meticulous when we choose our flight times (planning to get in before dinner so we can have a celebratory ADR, planning to leave later in the afternoon so we can grab lunch before we go...) and it really messes with my plans when those move!

We have been loyal customers of Airtran for years and have only had our flight change by 5-10 minutes a few times, and was always given the choice to change flights without a fee. Airtran has never given us any issues, but we always seem to end up being delayed coming out of Orlando. I don't think that it is an Airtran issue, ATL airport is always backed up and since we are flying in from a short distance they always hold those flights first. Once we sat on the tarmac for an hour coming back from Pensacola because of weather issues.
That happens...and I would rather wait on the tarmac than be landing in a scary thunderstorm!
The flight attendants on Airtran are quite friendly. More so than others that start with a D.:rolleyes:

This is first airtran flight i haven't received a flight change on yet. maybe it's because i booked it so close out. THey can't change it much they only have 3 flights out of airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter