Rides you get wet on?

cedarparkgirl

Mouseketeer
Splash Mountain will be closed when we are there. Can someone tell me which rides in DL and DCA the riders get wet.. and how wet do they get? And does everyone bring a spare change of clothes or do they all wear rain ponchos on these rides?

Really the only ride left right now is Grizzly River Run at DCA. It is a river rapids ride so you get pretty wet. We usually don't go on it when we are in the parks because we don't want to get wet! :sad2: But it is a fun ride and you do get wet! Let's put it this way, it's nothing compared to a wet pant leg on Splash Mountain! :) Usually people wear ponchos on it, but you could be the rare lucky one that barely gets wet! :) And I think they adjust how much you actually get wet if it is cold or cooler. Hope this helps some! ;) I'm totally bummed right now that Splash is closed! :sad: It is my favorite ride and I'm having withdrawls!! :)

Maybe a few small splashes on Pirates, but nothing else at DL

At DCA, Grizzly River Run and there is a water play area in A Bugs Land. ALso you can get small squirts on ITtbaB and MuppetVision 3D

If you sit in the back seat of the log on Splash, you will get pretty well drenched; the water just pours in at the back as it splashes down! :rotfl:

On Grizzly River Run, we've alternately gotten a bit wet and completely soaked! I sat next to one of the openings, and then it was front and center as we went down the drop, so water gushed in over me.

I honestly feel that getting soaked on a ride is part of the fun! On a warm sunny day, you'll dry out pretty quickly. If it were cold or a rainy day, I might consider raingear...

Wear sandals, though. Definitely don't want to be walking around in sopping wet socks and shoes. :thumbsup2

Yeah I was gonna say the Grizzley Run too as well as Splash. Although Splash will be down when you got it does make you awefully wet. I love water rides, especially when its really hot outside and you need to cool down.

I know these aren't rides, but can someone pipe in about the water play areas in DCA? I'm wondering about needing to bring extra clothes due to these.

Yeah there are water areas for kids in the "Bugs Land" area. I saw lots of parents who brought an extra set of cloths for their children. I also saw parents walking both in and out of the washroom area in a Bugs Land with their kids, who were going to change or just had just changed. I just figure its a normal thing for parent to bring extra clothes and a plastic bag with them in case.

I am so grateful of the water park area for children. It can get so hot and it would be more then refreshing for them even if they dont get wet, they can at least go soak their feet

Is is true that on Kali River you get absoltely soaked, so much so that you would recommend a poncho?

Kali? That's at AK in WDW. Grizzly River Rapids is the ride at DCA and yes, you do get soaked. If you are strange and ride a water ride but don't want to get wet, then yes, I'd wear a poncho.;)

DL: Splash Mountain (this ride tends to be a hit or miss with me when it comes to getting wet. Sometimes I'll get drenched and other times I won't get wet at all :confused3 ) I think it's because my family members are all blocking me and I use them as shields!! :rotfl:

*Pirates: sometimes people get a few drops on their arm or something but you never get drenched or anything. Just sprinkles sometimes. :goodvibes

*DCA: Grizzly always gets me soaked! I called it the "slushy socks and soaked rump ride" because most of the water always ends up in my socks and shoes! :scared1:

We didn't go on Splash last year but my sister & I did ride GRR, we got soaked and we we're both wearing jean shorts & they took forever to dry :sad2: I think this trip we'll hit GRR before we take our dinner break so we can change :lmao:

Sorry to interupt but does Tomorrow land still have the water "play area" for "kids"??;)

Splash Mountain is my favorite ride! Someone previously mentioned if you sit in the back of the log you get soaked, I disagree. I've sat in the back quite often and I rarely get wet, my last trip I kept getting put in the very front of the log and I got Soaked! One time at the big drop the front of my log I swear dipped in the river and water poured over my head, it was like a shower only all the water at once and FREEZING! It was AWESOME! But I still prefer the back.

GRR is awesome as well. I do recommend a poncho because you never know if you're gonna get soaked or just wet. Both are great rides, have fun getting wet!

Heres a piece of infor for those of you who may not know, but a CM at Splash Mountain told me that they have the option of turning up or toning down the splash factor on water rides, which is why sometimes you get alot wetter then other times.

Maybe a few small splashes on Pirates, but nothing else at DL

At DCA, Grizzly River Run and there is a water play area in A Bugs Land. ALso you can get small squirts on ITtbaB and MuppetVision 3D

Well I went on POTC last December and I was sitting in the first row and got soaked but had a blast. I am looking foward to it again because I think it will be even hotter in September Have fun:)

One hint about the Grizzly River Run, When you get in your seat look down, if there is a hole in the floor beneath you, put you foot over it. I didn't on one ride and got a nice up spray between my legs. Totally soaked me, and my rain poncho did me no good on that ride....LOL My DH thought that was pretty funny.:rotfl2:

Becky

One of my BEST DLR memories was a trip where we were staying at the GC and wore our swimsuits under or clothes. When we were 'done' with the parks and ready for a break we rode GRR four times in a row and were soaked to the skin. Went straight from there to the GC pool and just stripped off the wet clothes, placed them over a chair and got in some pool time.

Last year we did the same thing and just slogged our way back to the Candy Cane Inn after we were done.

I guess the only other ride that you can potentially get wet on is the Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes. I've gotten drenched on that one when a lot of splashing has gone on. Most of the time it has been from family members, and if I don't want to get wet and others are doing the splashing, I just ask them in my best "mommy voice" to kindly refrain from splashing until I'm off the ride!

It works every time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter