Rides that you get wet on?

parismeow

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone,
In planning my trip i wanted to make a list of rides that you get wet on. maybe just a little, or maybe a lot.
I know that obviously splash mountain is going to leave you wet, but what else?

This may sound vain, my reasonings for this is because i dont want to get my hair wet... It goes crazy curly and it makes me feel uncomfortable. So if there are certain rides, i can do them at the end of the day so that i don't have to live with my wild hair :thumbsup2

I have never been to disney world so i have no idea? this year i went to Disneyland and was surprised to get wet on the Matterhorn. Is the everest ride in Animal Kingdom similar?
Just was to be super prepared, without watching all the ride POV videos- ruins the surprise!

Thanks!

Epcot- nothing
AK- Kali River Rapids
HS- nothing
MK- jungle cruise (very little if any at all, more than likely no), pirates of the Caribbean (could get slightly wet), splash mountain, magic carpets if Aladdin (camel that shoots water on ride but you can control your vehicle and avoid it)

My DF got SOAKED on Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom. The water went straight over his head :rotfl2: He wasn't a happy bunny and had to sit in the sun to dry off before going on anything else.

In HS depending on wind direction and strength you could get wet if you sit at the bottom rows during Fantasmic!

I know that it usually wouldn't be counted for wet ride, but a couple of days ago, we were front row to Pirates of the Caribbean and got my legs and backpack soaked from the mini slide.

Also, and may be off-topic for this forum, if you are visiting Universal's Islands of Adventure, take also into account: Popeye, Dudley do Right and Jurassic Park. Not wet, but soaked to the bone! And those rides are one next to the other, so don't take your shower cap off until once you decide to leave the water corridor for good. We went twice on each one until changing to dry clothes, and moving on.

Have fun and hope for sunny dry days (which we didn't have...)

Mx

We sat in the front of the boat on pirates in August. When we went down the hill after the first room, a huge wave of water came crashing over the front of the boat and into our laps. We were more wet on Pirates than we were on Splash Mountain! It really depends on where you sit.

I won't say I was soaking like some of the other rides, but I came off Pirates of Caribbean with wet shorts and tshirt. I was sitting on the right side, maybe 6 rows from the front and got splashed from the side of the boat...two times during the ride.

this year i went to Disneyland and was surprised to get wet on the Matterhorn. Is the everest ride in Animal Kingdom similar?
There is no splash down area in Everest, but there are waterfalls that can blow mist into the air. Kind of like during the Matterhorn, when you pass by the waterfalls. If the wind is blowing towards the car, you might get a little misted. I've only had that happen once, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Doesn't Big Thunder also have a splash section (like Matterhorn)? I know the version at DL has a splash section (most folks do not get wet) and I thought that MK's version was the same, just a mirror opposite.

How about the 4-D shows where water is spritzed at you, like Mickey's Philharmagic?

My hair got wet on the front row of Pirates. Water splashed up to my chin. The CM at the ride said that the front row did not get wetter than any other row. She was wrong! It was a cold night and the four of us in the front row were very wet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter