Rides that are ok for those with small breathing capacity

Caprice

Earning My Ears
My dad and i were watching the free WDW vacation planning DVD and he kept saying stuff like, well i won't be able to do that anymore. About 8 months ago he was hit by a truck and is now suffering with 50% lung capacity. I personally thing he'll have very few problems on the rides, but he seems to think otherwise. Anyone have any experience with people who have a smaller lung capacity? thanks

He will not be able to do the Swiss Family Treehouse, and probably would not be able to climb to the top of the bigger slides in the water parks.

Otherwise he will be sitting in ride vehicles. I don't see where diminished lung capacity would cause any difficulties.

He will probably have a severe stamina problem, and for that he could ride in an ECV or a wheelchair. Please see the "disABILTIES! FAQ" at the index about them.

I would figure most thrill rides are out, but have him check with his doctors to make sure. He might even be ok on Splash, since it is only the one big hill. The good thing is 90% of Disney is designed for those who can't/won't do thrill rides- plenty to do and see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter