Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets Oct DISmeet Trip. 5/6-Ch 14 Closing Thoughts

stop putting a target on my back i was trying to slowely increase my lead.

enjoyed the update marv, but wondering what that lovely piece of grass tasted like on the jumbalya...
Don't look at me.....I had the ribs!!! :lmao:

Great hat pics! Too bad star tours never got back up and running that day. Very neat abstract globe. I spotted my country :teeth:
Your country will get billing at least a couple of times in this TR..... ;)

Whaaa....... ????? ;)

Nice try Marv. Well shoot if you have to lie about where you stayed how do I even know you went to Disney at all?:lmao:

Well you see, I have pictures........and well, there's the pictures, and........ :headache:

Oh okay, well hopefully there will be some corroborating evidence before I'm done......

Yeah Yeah now he wants us to think he just forgot to take pictures, and that's why where he stayed slipped his mind.
How long ago was this trip? :rolleyes1
Do you think that may have something to do with it? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Definitely NOT!

(okay, maybe a little)

See where it got me???? I defend you and then you change your story. :eek:

ETA: Why is your TR giving me more grief than anyone else's????
If it weren't for Marv's grief, I'd get no grief at all.............

hey marv... i stopped by to read but your pics aren't showing up. :confused3
Sorry Tim! You caught me uploading some pics for the next update and I needed to reorganize! The links are all fixed now.

And sorry to everyone else who included pictures in their replies to Chapter 1 that are gone now. :guilty: But hey, at least I'm already working on the next update and who woulda thunk that??? :rotfl:

And sorry to everyone else who included pictures in their replies to Chapter 1 that are gone now. :guilty: But hey, at least I'm already working on the next update and who woulda thunk that??? :rotfl:

Seriously?????? Too bad I'm on my iPhone on train and can't make all kinds of shocked smilies. ;)

Seriously?????? Too bad I'm on my iPhone on train and can't make all kinds of shocked smilies. ;)
Well you know, the quicker I move this TR along, the sooner I get to post all of those Stitch pictures I took.......just for you! :goodvibes

Wow, I said already WORKING on....not already complete! :eek:

You expecting miracles now? :confused3 It's not like I can just sit out by the pool all day and spit out updates.... :headache:

Hey I am hardly working, I mean working hard over here. :lmao:

Yesterday was a long one- in at 7:30 am and not out the door until 8pm.
Today is much easier. That is what stinks, stuff comes in spurts. Lately big spurts.

Hey Marv..... unlike SOME people I thought I'd tell you I have started my TR. Link is in my signature. See you there :goodvibes

I think this may become our standard off-site hotel in the future as it was very clean, roomy, and a great place for larger families for short or longer stays. :cloud9:
On time with no drama? That is not good for a TR writer! :lmao:
1905-1.jpg
SWEET MJ MOVES!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Funny that after taking all the pictures I noticed a sign that said no pictures allowed…………oops! :rolleyes1 I hoped there wasn’t any security around to get on my case, but I hear that is more likely at the Lego Store.
No pictures allowed? HUH? :confused3

Since we actually had our food around the time of our original ADR time, we were done early and on the way to DHS. I had to get this standard picture to mark our entry to the park, which was right at 6:00pm.
Well played sir!

We arrived at Star Tours and wouldn’t you know……it was temporarily shut down.
That stinks.

After a little time in the shop we checked to see if Star Tours was open yet, but no luck. Time for another picture of Andrew acting silly. Not sure where he gets that from……..
1924.jpg
Maybe you should ask him sometime. I'd love to hear his answer... popcorn::

After we exited the Great Movie Ride we headed back towards Star Tours, but it was still shut down. After a quick discussion everyone decided they weren’t really interested in trying anything else, so we headed for the exit and an early evening at the hotel. We had plenty of days still ahead to enjoy, but little did we know this would become a frequent theme for the week.
Bummer. :headache:

Great start Marv! :goodvibes

Wow, controlling the weather! I'm not messing with you anymore! :scared1:

You'd better stay on my good side buddy. I don't know if that's entirely possible though...:rolleyes1

Yeah, clearly......... :sad2:

Clearly!

It is right outside of the Indy show!.........and thanks so much........ :guilty:
:rotfl2:

No problem.;)

Alison again??? :confused:

Sigh, I thought that was self explanatory...the apple (Drew) doesn't fall far from the tree (YOU!). I guess I have to spell things out for you now, yet another sign of your advancing age I guess. Maybe I should just draw pictures for you, would that be easier?:confused3

Although I wouldn't put such behavior past her.......that would be a no! :lmao:

You should be so lucky! (To run into me on your trip of course!:woohoo:)

stop putting a target on my back i was trying to slowely increase my lead.

Sorry Dan! Though you are in the lead over at Glenn's!

I had to reschedule this trip a couple of times because of work.

Stupid work. Don't they know Disney is much more important?

After quickly getting settled we headed to Downtown Disney for our 5:00pm dinner ADR at House of Blues.

I've always been interested in trying that one out.

Funny that after taking all the pictures I noticed a sign that said no pictures allowed…………oops!

:eek: :sad2:

It was a dangerous assignment, but our agents in the field thank you.

With some really close International DISfriends here, I had to zoom in on the area of the map that represented each of them. Can you each find the flag representing your countries???

No, I don't see a flag for Crazytown.

On our previous trip I stopped with the boys to experience the well with the rope, but Alison hadn’t been with us at the time. We stopped so she could check it out too.

My kids love that spot.

We arrived at Star Tours and wouldn’t you know……it was temporarily shut down.

NOOOOOOOO!

Time for another picture of Andrew acting silly. Not sure where he gets that from……..

Not sure. We need a comparable picture of you on the speeder.

There wasn’t a line at The Great Movie Ride when we got there, and we hadn’t done this in a while, so we decided to take a ride.

Yeah, that's a common mistake. :rotfl2:

Signing in! Thanks for the heads up! My good intentions in January fell apart. I was all caught up, then Sean and I went back to Florida at the end of the month, and I have been spending February bouncing from one random Dr appt to another. Nothing going on, just everything hitting at once.

great hat photos Marv....see you are channeling Mark :rotfl:

the food looked yummy, guess I missed the world art when we were there :confused3 its pretty cool!

sorry you didn't get to ride Star Tours, hope it fit in later in the trip~

we had a blast at DLR, hope to start my TR next week....will be adding it onto my OCT TR to keep them all together!

Hi Marv :wave2:
Long time no see (read) but I have a good excuse ..... we were cruising on the DREAM and having a little fun at WDW last week. ;)
But now I am all caught up again and have to admit that I loved to read about your first vacation day!
LOVE the hat photos :thumbsup2

Yeah, yeah.....I know! I did get my pictures all edited on photobucket after my scout campout this past weekend, so hopefully I can get that next update finished before they lock this TR.... :guilty:
Yesterday was a long one- in at 7:30 am and not out the door until 8pm.
Today is much easier. That is what stinks, stuff comes in spurts. Lately big spurts.
As long as they aren't due to severing of a carotid artery... :scared1:

You do put in some loooonnnnggggg hours! I think you need a Disney break! :woohoo:
Hey Marv..... unlike SOME people I thought I'd tell you I have started my TR. Link is in my signature. See you there :goodvibes
Nothing personal. I decided not to send out invites and give everyone an equal chance at making page 1. Just thought I would try something different. Won't make THAT mistake again!!! :sad1:
Great 1st day! Love the hat pictures!
I bet it was strange not having Matthew there.
Sure was! Enjoy while you can......the time flies quickly! :sad2:
On time with no drama? That is not good for a TR writer! :lmao:

I can live with that type of TR writer disappointment! :thumbsup2

No pictures allowed? HUH? :confused3

I offered to give them back..... :rolleyes1

Well played sir!

Thank you! Thank you Vera Much!

Maybe you should ask him sometime. I'd love to hear his answer... popcorn::

Okay, but if I don't like what he says, can I leave it out....... :rotfl2:
Great start Marv! :goodvibes
Thanks!

You'd better stay on my good side buddy. I don't know if that's entirely possible though...:rolleyes1

Whichever side I'm on would be your good side Molly........ ;)

Sigh, I thought that was self explanatory...the apple (Drew) doesn't fall far from the tree (YOU!). I guess I have to spell things out for you now, yet another sign of your advancing age I guess. Maybe I should just draw pictures for you, would that be easier?

That's okay. I never was very good at deciphering those crayon drawings the boys brought home...... :confused:

You should be so lucky! (To run into me on your trip of course!)
Lucky........yes, that's it!!! :rolleyes1
Stupid work. Don't they know Disney is much more important?

Yeah! Whazzup with THAT??? :confused3

I've always been interested in trying that one out.

Can't recommend it now. They recently changed the menu and no longer have the VooDoo Shrimp, and they took the shrimp out of the Jambalaya!!! The food was okay when we ate there recently, and the atmosphere is still pretty much the same, but the menu change was a major disappointment! :headache:

It was a dangerous assignment, but our agents in the field thank you.

Kim Possible?

No, I don't see a flag for Crazytown.

I left that area out so as to not potentially reveal your identity....... :angel:

Not sure. We need a comparable picture of you on the speeder.

I think there are weight restrictions........ :scared:

Yeah, that's a common mistake. :rotfl2:
LIke that person who mistook me for 007 in the House of Blues Company Store......

Signing in! Thanks for the heads up! My good intentions in January fell apart. I was all caught up, then Sean and I went back to Florida at the end of the month, and I have been spending February bouncing from one random Dr appt to another. Nothing going on, just everything hitting at once.
:welcome: Tanya! Busy seems to be a common ailment right now......

great hat photos Marv....see you are channeling Mark :rotfl:

Yeppers! Plus I know how much Kathy loves them! :goodvibes

the food looked yummy, guess I missed the world art when we were there :confused3 its pretty cool!

You can blame that one on having to chase Judy around DTD so you could have that first DISmeet in a different restroom! :rotfl2:

sorry you didn't get to ride Star Tours, hope it fit in later in the trip~

:confused3 :rolleyes1

we had a blast at DLR, hope to start my TR next week....will be adding it onto my OCT TR to keep them all together!
Lazy! ;)

Hi Marv :wave2:
Long time no see (read) but I have a good excuse ..... we were cruising on the DREAM and having a little fun at WDW last week.
But now I am all caught up again and have to admit that I loved to read about your first vacation day!
LOVE the hat photos :thumbsup2
Thanks Karin! And can't wait to hear all about your cruise!!! :banana:
Took me a while....but I'm here!! :goodvibes

Now, to go back and read. :upsidedow
:welcome: Camille! I know you have been busy, what with the fashionable new footwear shopping, pedicures and such!!! :rotfl: Glad to have you along! :cool1:

:welcome: Camille! I know you have been busy, what with the fashionable new footwear shopping, pedicures and such!!! :rotfl: Glad to have you along! :cool1:

Thanks Marv. :rolleyes:

You'd think with all the sitting down I have to do I'd be on here all the time, but alas....I am not. :sad2:

I'll try and make a better effort to be on here from time to time. :)

Oh! And thanks for the welcome! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter