Rides/attractions that you just don't "get"

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by LizzyS, Jun 8, 2013.

1. atomicgirl

atomicgirl Mouseketeer

The Snow White ride was one of the original rides. But, it was closed last year to make room for a princess M&G.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pigby

pigby <font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more

Roger Rabbit - none of us got it - but then we haven't seen the movie either.

Peter Pan & WOC - DH's vote only (myself and DD love)

EO - my vote only (DH & DD love)

4. Blue32

Blue32 DIS Veteran

It hasn't closed at Disneyland. Our FL(Fantasy Land) still has a Snow White. ;)

5. ronandannette

ronandannette I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!

Not that I don't get it...I've never even heard of it :confused3 (and I thought I knew a fair amount about Disney).

I was also really disappointed with Soarin' a couple of weeks ago. We were in the middle of the front row and the screen resolution was very poor; way different than I remembered it from previous visits. It totally took away the "we're right in the middle of this" wow-factor. I've always really hyped Soarin' up to newbies but will pull back a bit on that now.

6. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

So surprised by some of these responses! Peter Pan is a favorite must do. So clever for its time and nostalgic for me as my Dad and I always had a ship while my Mom and brother always had a ship. First trip in 1963 and still remember that magic. Now, things I can do without. Autopia! yuck. MuppetVision! Innoventions!I don't do the mountains but get why folks like them. Disney needs to redo Swiss Family Robinson as a movie so they can make the treehouse cool again. Bugsland, I get that they need for a kid section but come one..the rides are pretty lame and in no way compare to the DL version of kids rides in Fantasyland. IMO the DCA redo has just begun.

7. L1l1y2

L1l1y2 Earning My Ears

my kids love this ride...I am ok with it. I enjoyed the first couple times, now its a great ride to take a few minutes to just rest my eyes(I always fall asleep) and feet. Though I have never been in the summer...so there wasn't too much extra body "perfume" in the cramped space.

8. L1l1y2

L1l1y2 Earning My Ears

Well said!

9. pharmama

pharmama DIS Veteran

Ghost Galaxy is the Halloweentime overlay of Space Mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. pennyring

pennyring Thrift Ninja

He's looking at a map.

11. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

My husband declared it his favorite thing during our last visit. :rotfl: We waited almost an hour to ride it and were getting kind of disgruntled in line. By the time we stepped off, though, we were thrilled. I don't know if his enjoyment wasn't enhanced by beating me by almost twice as many points, though, lol.

12. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

:lmao: I figured as much, but it's not immediately obvious.

13. pennyring

pennyring Thrift Ninja

My Dad was a Land Surveyor, so I notice maps, survey markers... all that good stuff. ;) :earsboy:

14. nana50

nana50 DIS Veteran

You do realize that it is not all a nice gentle ride? Parts of it are fast, down deep hills and spin you round.

15. Jaina

Jaina Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

I didn't used to be into the parades, but we took our kids for the first time, and the 20+ minutes of pure delight on their faces totally won me over. :) If we're including shows, I never had ANY desire to see Captain EO (actually, HISTA was always something I cringed through, same with ITTBAB in CA). I just don't enjoy 3D shows, I guess. I don't see the thrill of Autopia now, but it's nostalgic. :) I would be happy to have Innoventions go away and be replaced by a new attraction, though...

16. jojomojo

jojomojo Mouseketeer

The rides I don't get are...

Nemo (the smell alone makes me queasy), although I do remember being AMAZED at riding in a sub underwater when I was 3 :)
    Tiki Room (assuming people like this for nostalgia...I don't have that)
    Matterhorn (too rough, not enjoyable at all for me)
    Roger Rabbit (meh)
    Captain EO (never been a MJ fan)
    Innoventions (some of the stuff is neat, but I HATE getting stuck in there when family members want to just wander around for an hour....I hate it more and more every time we go).

I'm sad that Autopia might go soon, I really love that ride. I wish they'd keep it tucked away and just build around it & refurb it (less fumes and make it so little kids can push the gas!).

I'm surprised to see some rides mentioned like Peter Pan (love it!) and IASW (just not a Disney trip without hearing/seeing IASW). Nostalgia is a huge part of Disney for me, both what I remember as a kid and the experience I want for my kids when they are grown :cloud9:

17. By-Tor and Snow Pup

By-Tor and Snow Pup Earning My Ears

Yeah, Toy Story Midway Mania. Actually,we liked it, but it just didn't live up to the hype and wait.

18. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

For people who don't like the Matterhorn because it's too rough, do you like Space Mountain? It may be an illusion, but I feel like I'm being thrown all around the universe on SM (I love it, don't get me wrong).

19. pennyring

pennyring Thrift Ninja

I like Matterhorn, it's just uncomfortable now.

I also love Space Mountain. You just need to lean the correct direction, stay loose and go with the flow. ;)

The only ride I didn't "get" was Super Star Limo, but even that was entertaining because it was so ridiculously bad. We would just ride it for laughs.

20. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

Obviously, I am doing it wrong. Me and the hubby are in the second row behind the pranksters in the front, lol:

[​IMG]

Also, since I'm going there, a kid was making fun of us for this, also:

[​IMG]

He was pointing and said "Look at those two!" and was laughing profusely.

I swear I actually love both of these rides, lol.

21. MickeyFan18

MickeyFan18 Mouseketeer

Super Star Limo was one of our favorites too for the same reason... Always a short line and really just an overall bad ride!