Rides all down at Epcot? Jan. 31st

UsualNoise

Earning My Ears
Just arrived at Epcot, all the main rides are listed offline (disney app and touring plans). Seems like a crappy thing on an EMH night, anyone know what's going on?

Just arrived at Epcot, all the main rides are listed offline (disney app and touring plans). Seems like a crappy thing on an EMH night, anyone know what's going on?

Perhaps ask a CM maybe it is just an error in the computer that lists them as up or down.

Hmmm. I don't know but on Sunday morning both Frozen and Test Track were offline for hours too.

I would be interested to know if there was a massive attempt at Guest Recovery in this instance. I'll be interested to see what happens.

I would complain and get an extra day added to my park time on my tickets or some other compensation.

So in the course of what a week? 2 weeks? That makes 2 massive computer/electronic malfunctions for Epcot? I feel for the CMs that had to deal with both situations! But I'd also be interested to see Epcot with a power outage!

So in the course of what a week? 2 weeks? That makes 2 massive computer/electronic malfunctions for Epcot? I feel for the CMs that had to deal with both situations! But I'd also be interested to see Epcot with a power outage!

Less than a week. Wasn't the other one over the weekend? Cyber attack???

Less than a week. Wasn't the other one over the weekend? Cyber attack???

I think you are correct. I know I read the thread about it but I can't remember the date. I wouldn't think cyber attack, just faulty equipment or computer glitch on one and blown transformer on the other. Blown transformers are pretty common in the small town in Texas where I am so I would expect the same if not worse at something as massive as Disney.

I would be interested to know if there was a massive attempt at Guest Recovery in this instance. I'll be interested to see what happens.

Someone posted a photo on twitter of HUGE line.

kaiser‏@Kaiser_WDW
my girlfriend just sent me this - guest relations currently.

C3its1QWEAA60Fo.jpg

We took the last VIP bus from MK to Epcot. The CM told us about the power outage. We were just using the VIP bus, so we could take a relaxing stroll through Epcot to Beach Club, but there were some crazy long lines even at Spaceship Earth when we arrived. The guest relations line at the World Showcase was not too crazy though. Looks like everyone went to the front entrance one.

Our trip actually spanned BOTH outages at Epcot and we were in the park for BOTH. Talk about a bad coincidence. Fortunately the first FastPass meltdown didn't affect me much, we had gotten our initial selections done and it just prevented us from selecting more until it came back up (which it did). Today's power issue didn't affect us, really, we came over from MK for Illuminations. If today wasn't our last day I would definitely have tried for an extra day of tickets ... but we only would have had time for 1 ride tonight so I didn't feel it was worth complaining.

Someone posted a photo on twitter of HUGE line.

kaiser‏@Kaiser_WDW
my girlfriend just sent me this - guest relations currently.

C3its1QWEAA60Fo.jpg

Ouch. I'll never forget the line the night when a technical issue caused Illuminations not to go off. People were pissed! I don't know what they got that time but a lot of angry people over the fact they delayed for like an hour and then cancelled.

We were there last night. We had a FP for test track and we asked the very nice and apologetic CM if we could get a FP for tomorrow (now today). She said everyone would automatically be getting a FP good for any attraction at any park for the next several days. Great. All we needed was a way to get back on TT so that was fine. Unfortunately, when we checked MDE the "bonus FP" was just the normal "your ride is down" FP and was only good until the end of the day on 1/31 in Epcot (which of course wasn't helpful since a lot of Epcot stayed down all night)
So annoyingly, I'll be at guest relations this morning trying to get a TT fastpass. I can't imagine I'll have a problem but I'm really annoyed I have to go through that effort.

That's a real shame. I didn't even know about the other issue. Was it on Thursday or Friday last week? I can't recall when but I had a heck of a time working on some FP for a period of time. And when I went to purchase something they said that it had just come back online. Wonder if that was the same issue

Ouch. I'll never forget the line the night when a technical issue caused Illuminations not to go off. People were pissed! I don't know what they got that time but a lot of angry people over the fact they delayed for like an hour and then cancelled.
Sure hope those folks never travel to DL. They have to cancel their Fireworks (Wishes) often due to winds and the proximity of the houses to DL. Getting pissed won't fix a thing, it's just a fact of life out there. During our 5 day trip they were only able to hold them 2 nights. And it didn't seem that windy quite frankly. One night we were waiting and waiting, had seats for F! and remained in place for Wishes only to finally get an announcement they were cancelled.

It seems like a lot of lights are turned off at EPCOT in general. FutureWorld seems darker than normal. Has anyone else noticed this?

It seems like a lot of lights are turned off at EPCOT in general. FutureWorld seems darker than normal. Has anyone else noticed this?
I can't recall that I noticed it in Epcot but I sure did at MK. The bridge from Tomorrow Land was really dark. There was another area, back in Frontier Land I think, that was dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter