RIDER SWITCH QUESTION

Barefoot On A Plane

Mickey Mousin' for Mari
Is Rider Switch allowed because a child is too scared to do the ride or is it only allowed if the child does not meet height requirements?

Is Rider Switch allowed because a child is too scared to do the ride or is it only allowed if the child does not meet height requirements?

I believe it is only if the height requirement is not met. You may have different results with different CMs, but I think that is the rule.

EDIT: It is not. The child can opt-out regardless of height and rider-swap can be used.

Last edited:

Rider Switch is available for Guests who meet one of the following:
  • Does not meet the boarding requirements
  • Has a service animal that cannot board the attraction or does not want to use a provided kennel
  • Meets boarding requirement and does not want to ride but cannot wait outside queue on their own
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/accessing-attractions/#aa-rider-switch

I see it's been answered but also wanted to add quick note that's why the program is called Rider Switch and not 'child switch' or 'baby swap' etc....

It will work for anyone in your group so even if you have someone who just doesn't enjoy certain attractions you can take turns with others riding, and not leave them alone outside attraction which can take hour+ if long queue line.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/#/rider-switch/sort=alpha/

1712785833626.png

Last edited:
It will work for anyone in your group so even if you have someone who just doesn't enjoy certain attractions you can take turns with others riding, and not leave them alone outside attraction which can take hour+ if long queue line.
Note it states (emphasis mine):
Meets boarding requirement and does not want to ride but cannot wait outside queue on their own
It isn’t intended for adults who don’t want to be alone.

Note it states (emphasis mine):

It isn’t intended for adults who don’t want to be alone.
Agree, if an adult doesn't want to ride and doesn't want to be alone they can take the chicken exit. (It's me, I'm the adult taking the exit at GotG:MB)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter