RideMax vs TouringPlans

Geemo

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have used Ride Max and/or Touring Plans can you tell me the differences?

Is one more accurate or easier to use than another?

It looks like both can be used on home computers as well as an android phone.

Thinking about one for our Halloween trip.

Thanks

Geemo
_

For those of you that have used Ride Max and/or Touring Plans can you tell me the differences?

Is one more accurate or easier to use than another?

It looks like both can be used on home computers as well as an android phone.

Thinking about one for our Halloween trip.

Thanks

Geemo
_

I've been using both to plan our upcomming trip, but I haven't used them in action yet...so I can't comment on the accuracy.

I hear RideMax is more accurate, but so far I like Touring Plans features better. The best thing about it is that you can put the attractions in the order you want and then have it tell you the times. With RideMax, you can't manually re-order the transactions...you have to go with the order the software outputs. So, if you want to start with a specific ride or land or do certain rides at certain times, you are out of luck (or you have to create multiple mini-plans).

Also, RideMax's Windows based version doesn't even let you save the plans you make. You make a plan, print it, and then it's gone once you close the program. RideMax also doesn't have shows/parades.

I have used both for WDW and Ridemax for DL. I prefer Ridemax. I had problems with TP getting it to put my lunch break in the right spot, even when I specified the exact time.

I used the online version of Ridemax and was able to save my plans.

I have used both for WDW and Ridemax for DL. I prefer Ridemax. I had problems with TP getting it to put my lunch break in the right spot, even when I specified the exact time.

I used the online version of Ridemax and was able to save my plans.

Yes, the online version allows you to save your plans but it doesn't have some of the features the offline version has. For instance, if you choose a FP runner, it automatically schedules the rest of your group to go on a ride while the runner is getting a FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts