Ridemax/fastpasses/RSR

Nicoleclaw

DIS Veteran
Ok, ridemax wants me to get a fastpass for California Screamin and 8:16 and then a fastpass for RSR at 9 am. Does it think that the fastpass time for California Screamin will already be open, therefore allwoing us to get the next FP? It has us riding Screamin at 9:32, so I am guessing that is the case.

All I have heard is to get the RSR fastpass first. Does anyone who has visited lately know if this is still the case? I feel like I am doing something wrong if I don't run there immediately!

I can't speak to RideMax per se, but what it's probably suggesting you do is get the Screamin' FP right at opening, then do something until that FP time open (I'm guessing TSMM) and then get the RSR FP. It's probably not that much different than the folks that suggest guests head straight to TSMM on a non-EMH morning, ride that, and then head back to get the RSR FP. RSR FPs do last longer now that Soarin' has re-opened (I'd still aim to get there within the first 90 minutes to two hours opening). So, I think that the RideMax plan would probably work, but I wouldn't pull the Screamin' FP if you walk by and see that the time is out beyond 90 minutes of opening. I don't quite understand why it wants you to wait until 8:16 am to pull the FP (it does not take 16 minutes to walk to Screamin' from BVS) - I would just pull it when you get there.

Thanks for the insight. It has us going on TSM first. I changed something, I forget what, and the current schedule says that the FP runner will get a Soarin' FP at 8:27, then the RSR FP at 9:08. It has our time for riding Soarin as 10:09 and RSR at 7:27.

I'm having a bit of a hard time trusting ridemax, but many people just say to keep running multiple plans until I get the one I want. Still playing with it...

I will admit I am a bit up and down on it. I'm too used to customizing my plans at WDW down to the last detail so having some trouble with a plan that is generated for me. I have trust issues LOL! I timed my purchase so that my 30 days ends after my trip...so I am continuing to evaluate to see if it works for me or not. Some days I manage to generate a nice plan and then I am happy, but tweaking plans are a pain so then I get annoyed again. I have one more week before I leave so I am continuing to play with it. Paying attention here for any tips/hints.

Thanks for the insight. It has us going on TSM first. I changed something, I forget what, and the current schedule says that the FP runner will get a Soarin' FP at 8:27, then the RSR FP at 9:08. It has our time for riding Soarin as 10:09 and RSR at 7:27.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the schedule is predicted down to the minute. I truthfully can't imagine anything being that accurate (maybe down to the 5 minute level, but not down to the single minute).

I'm a little confused by the RideMax plan...you pull at Soarin' FP at 8:27 am and then pull an RSR FP at 9:08 am. I'm assuming that 9:08 am would be the soonest you could pull the RSR FP because that's corresponds to when the Soarin' FP time window opens up, but then you don't ride Soarin' until 10:09 am. That's one minute after the window would close...which would mean, technically your FP has expired. I think most CMs would let it slide, but why does RideMax have you wait until then to ride Soarin'? Or does RideMax assume that you can gauge when to get into the FP line well enough that your walking onto the ride vehicle at 10:09 am?

Yes, that is why I am so confused! upload_2015-7-5_8-29-20.png
I am going to keep re-running it until I get something I like better lol. I still don't like not getting a RSR FP first.

I think u get Soarin FP first because the FP window opens really soon. If u get RSR first, u will have to wait 2 hrs to get your next FP.

You wait until 10 to ride so u can knock out other rides first. I am just not crazy about using prime morning hours for something like swings. But I guess that is to minimize walking.

I actually like your plan a lot. What were your parameters? I want to try to generate something similar.

That is a pretty decent plan. You don't HAVE to use Ridemax. You could do your own custom plan. Many people don't use touring software at all. Smart phone apps like Mouse Wait are very handy for looking up wait times on the fly.

It has you riding the swings then because it has other rides (the ones in bold) scheduled when the times will make for a substantially shorter wait on those rides. RideMax works by eliminating overall wait time. That means it puts he rides that can have a long wait (like GRR) at specific times and fills in other rides (like the swings) in between.

I think it's having you pick up the RSR FP as soon as the window opens, and then ride Soarin at the very end of the window. Should work. You just need to make sure you wait a minute or two if necessary to get the 9:10-10:10 window that it seems like it wants.

FWIW, when we have used Ridemax, we have found that we are usually a few minutes ahead of schedule or right on time with the times that it puts on the itinerary. This has allowed us opportunities for bathroom breaks partway through our morning, for example, and still get to the FP ride on time without having to skip anything.

If you have early entry to DCA I would opt not to put these rides into ridemax. On our recent trip I found it better to just do the rides early entry. Rsr first thing, your looking at a 5 to 10 minute wait. No need to rush like a mad chicken you will get on no problems. While your walking to rsr enjoy watching people do their Silly panicking run walk, it's funny.

After you will almost walk on to California screaming 2 or 3 times if you want.
Head to Soarin and the line will be short here as well.
When 8am comes around grab a California fast pass then by 9 to 9:30 you can grab a rsr fastpass to which there will be little to no line.

Just use ridemax for all other attractions and skip a few rides here and there throughout the day when you return to your fastpass.

Worked well for us, was able to ride all the major rides 2 to 3 times as well as stay on track pretty much with ridemax.

Good point about being able to get another FP sooner because the window will open for Soarin quickly instead of waiting the full 2 hours. I don't know if I am comfortable waiting to get that RSR FP though. Especially because the time it thinks we will be riding RSR is 7:27!

Good point about being able to get another FP sooner because the window will open for Soarin quickly instead of waiting the full 2 hours. I don't know if I am comfortable waiting to get that RSR FP though. Especially because the time it thinks we will be riding RSR is 7:27!
That was in reply to Elaine amj. I put in lunch and a long afternoon break and most of the rides besides TOT and the kiddie ones in A Bugs' Land.

That is a pretty decent plan. You don't HAVE to use Ridemax. You could do your own custom plan. Many people don't use touring software at all. Smart phone apps like Mouse Wait are very handy for looking up wait times on the fly.

It's a hard habit to break! I am used to going to WDW and only being able to go during Xmas or Spring Break and therefore using extremely careful planning to get everything done, even with being familiar with the parks (how sad it is to come back to work and hear people say they went too and only got on 2 rides a day.. :sad: )

I hear Disneyland and DCA does not have the same level of crowds and wait times but we are going July 21-24 so that is right after the 60th. And I don't have the layout memorized like I would if we were in Florida!

If you have early entry to DCA I would opt not to put these rides into ridemax.

No early entry for DCA for us. We are debating on using the one we get on Thurs for DL but I really don't think I am going to be able to get the family up that extra hour early (I know, I know, it is totally worth it to go though..maybe I will go alone!!! lol).

It has you riding the swings then because it has other rides (the ones in bold) scheduled when the times will make for a substantially shorter wait on those rides. RideMax works by eliminating overall wait time. That means it puts he rides that can have a long wait (like GRR) at specific times and fills in other rides (like the swings) in between.

I think it's having you pick up the RSR FP as soon as the window opens, and then ride Soarin at the very end of the window. Should work. You just need to make sure you wait a minute or two if necessary to get the 9:10-10:10 window that it seems like it wants.

Thanks for the insight! Speaking of GRR, I would rather ride that right before we leave for our afternoon break should we get soaked. I've walked around our 6 Flags one too many times in wet clothes and shoes and I cannot deal! lol

FWIW, when we have used Ridemax, we have found that we are usually a few minutes ahead of schedule or right on time with the times that it puts on the itinerary. This has allowed us opportunities for bathroom breaks partway through our morning, for example, and still get to the FP ride on time without having to skip anything.

Good to know!! Having never been there, it is hard to tell whether I can trust the plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter