Ride Height Requirements

talie95

Mouseketeer
I posted another post about kids and rollercoasters and someone had mentioned that if they are close in height then sometimes they'll be turned away for not being tall enough. My daughter is exactly 40 in. right now (40 1/2 in. with her shoes on!). Do you think I'll run into any problems with her going on the coasters? I'm hoping maybe she'll gain another 1/2 in. between now and early oct. but I doubt it!

My daughter was just barely over 40" when we went last November, and although she did get measured at every ride with the requirement (sometimes more than once), she was never turned away. :goodvibes

That's funny... my daughter is exactly 40.5 inches in shoes too. :) Anyway, when my oldest daughter was just that height I'm fairly certain we weren't turned away from any of the rides. Just make sure she wears shoes with a thick sole or a small heel. :)

Yeah, I just bought her new shoes for school and now I'm thinking of getting another pair with a thicker sole just for disneyland. I know she's technically tall enough even without the shoes but better safe than sorry!!!

Have her practice standing up big and tall (see my tag!). For some reason they often shrug a little, and it makes them shorter. Oh, and for some reason Jumpin' jelly fish is always off a little. Kids that are tall enough on other rides are often a bit short on there.

The only one we ever got turned away from when DD was right at 40" was Jumping Jellyfish in DCA. I have heard of others having the same problem with that ride too! Other than that, we were good to go.

Andrea

My youngest was in exactly the sme boat last year when we went to WDW. What worked for her was telling her she needed to touch the bar with her head or she couldn't ride. Didn't get turned away at any ride. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter