Ride Closures During Parade, Fantasmic! and/or Fireworks

sharksfinatic17

DIS Veteran
We will be in Disneyland several nights, so I don't think we will be watching the night time shows every night. My question is what, if any, rides close during the night time shows? And if any close, for how long?

The attractions in Rivers of Anerica close early on Fantasmic nights, and don't reopen. Early means by 6pm.

All attractions in the buildings connected to the castle close at around 8-8:30pm for the fireworks, and usually open back after 10pm.

Storybook land canal boats close at around 7pm for the night. Alice closes for Paint The Night and reopens. Toontown closes at around 8-8:30 for the night. The monorail also closes about 30mins prior to the fireworks, and reopens after the "all clear".

As you can tell, there are lots of closures every night. If you are not watching the shows, Tomorrowland and most of the west side of the park will still be open. During Fantasmic, lines from Adventureland to Critter Country can get pretty short.

The attractions in Rivers of Anerica close early on Fantasmic nights, and don't reopen. Early means by 6pm.

All attractions in the buildings connected to the castle close at around 8-8:30pm for the fireworks, and usually open back after 10pm.

Storybook land canal boats close at around 7pm for the night. Alice closes for Paint The Night and reopens. Toontown closes at around 8-8:30 for the night. The monorail also closes about 30mins prior to the fireworks, and reopens after the "all clear".

As you can tell, there are lots of closures every night. If you are not watching the shows, Tomorrowland and most of the west side of the park will still be open. During Fantasmic, lines from Adventureland to Critter Country can get pretty short.

Thanks for your response! Can anyone help out with what rides are connected to the castle?

Storybook Canals also close during any parade because the line is where people sit for the parade. Learned that by getting there right as it opened back up after Soundsational cleared the area.

I don't think anyone mentioned Paradise Pier rides close before WOC (Screamin', Toy Story, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Silly Symphonies, Jumping Jellyfish, Zephyr, Goofy's Sky School I believe) They usually stop about 30 minutes before and stay closed for the rest of the night.

These may be true some of the time, but I know not all of the time. When we were there in May, we got in a line right by the Mad Hatter shop that was for Peter Pan. After the fireworks are over, once they give the all-clear that the area is safe, they walk the line over to Peter Pan, they re-start the ride, cycle it a few time then the area is back open. I also know people who have ridden the Storybook Land Canal boats during the fireworks, and they stopped the boats during the fireworks so the people on board can watch. Also, since the fireworks and parades are different times depending on the season, the times of ride stopages vary.

This is going to be weird for us with fireworks every night we are there - usually they are only Fri, Sat and Sun or busier times of the year.

I am hoping we see them a few nights and then we take advantage of some short rides while people wait for both the parade and fireworks. Of course on some of these week nights, nothing will reopen after the fireworks as the park will close at 9.

This is going to be weird for us with fireworks every night we are there - usually they are only Fri, Sat and Sun or busier times of the year.

I am hoping we see them a few nights and then we take advantage of some short rides while people wait for both the parade and fireworks. Of course on some of these week nights, nothing will reopen after the fireworks as the park will close at 9.

I agree. We are planning on WOC one night, PTN one night w fireworks from Main, and one night fireworks from IASM. The question is what would be the best way to get to see the fireworks from IASM after the parade if this is even possible with all the crowds. And then a plan of action for the other 2 nights.

The attractions stay open during Soundsational. The attractions based on Rivers of America close at dusk regardless of Fantasmic, etc.

I once rode Toy Story Mania at California Adventure during World of Color, so if it closes now, that is relatively new.

As mentioned earlier, the castle "courtyard" attractions are shut down about a half hour before the fireworks, and open about 15 minutes afterwards. The cast members close off the area, which includes Mr. Toads, Peter Pan, Castle walkthrough, Snow White, Pinocchio, and the Carrousel, and stand there with a rope blocking the area. After the fireworks, they let people through again.

I once rode Toy Story Mania at California Adventure during World of Color, so if it closes now, that is relatively new.

WOC operates at 8:15 when the park closes at 8 on my week. Maybe this will be a good way to ride it again...last thing of the day. If I'm in line at 7:59 I can ride correct?

WOC operates at 8:15 when the park closes at 8 on my week. Maybe this will be a good way to ride it again...last thing of the day. If I'm in line at 7:59 I can ride correct?
I believe that is correct, as long as you're in line before closing. I'm not sure if they are obligated to keep the line open right up to closing though, so I would arrive slightly early. As of early December when I was there, Toy Story was running during WOC. We also rode Alice during PTN so that info might be outdated as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter