Rice Krispy Treats

MedicGoofy

DIS Veteran
Anyone know if the rice krispy treats are peanut friendly? Also if the ones dipped in chocolate are peanut free as well? Hoping to find some 'treats' that are friendly for my sister in law to eat.

Oh, what about the chip n' dale pretzels?

The less snack type food we have to bring the better.....plus, it's all the disney experience right:)

I haven't been to WDW for a year, however, I'm pretty sure that the rice krispy treats (all varieties) are not safe for peanut allergies due to cross-contamination. On our last trip, most of my DD's snacks were either Mickey Bars, soft serve, Itzakadoozies or Divvies caramel corn. Also, I believe that the Chip and Dale pretzels are also unsafe -- cross-contamination again. The good news is that all the Disney-branded food seems to be labeled pretty thoroughly with cross-contamination statements, etc.

I recently read a post on these boards that say that Mickey Bars are no longer safe for peanut allergies. I think if you contacted Nestle (the manufacturer) you could find out what the deal is. I think their standard answer is that they don't have dedicated lines but feel confident about their cleaning process. I am pretty skittish about risking cross-contamination, however, my DD has never reacted to them.

Also, I've heard that Itzakadoozies have been phased out, but I'm pretty sure that frozen fruit bars are available.

My favorite peanut-free snack is, without a doubt, the Dole Whips served at the Aloha Isle in MK. Pineapple flavored soft serve. Yum! I highly recommend having one!

:tink:DVCDawn

Do you know what the other flavor of the Dole Whip is?

Problem with the Dole whip? It's fruit. And my sister in law is allergic to ALL fruit with the exception of pineapple and a couple of others....oranges is one. BUT, the issue with most things fruit based, it contains other natural fruit flavors. So, most likely, this will be out.

Sucks that so many snacks are 'possibly cross contamination'.

I copied from another website what is available at the Aloha Isle in WDW. Here it is:

Dole Whip Soft Serve - pineapple, vanilla, or orange $3.49

Dole Whip Soft Serve Swirl - pineapple, vanilla, or orange $3.49

Pineapple Float - pineapple, vanilla, or orange Dole Whip with pineapple juice $4.49

Coke or Root Beet Float - with vanilla soft-serve ice cream $4.19

Fresh Cut Pineapple Spear $3.29

Assorted Chips $2.69

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, or Minute Maid Light Lemonade $2.59, $2.89

Smart Water $3.50
Bottled Water $2.50
Pineapple Juice $2.19
Orange Juice $2.39
Apple Juice $2.59
Hot Cocoa, Hot Tea $2.09
Coffee - regular or decaf $2.09

So, unfortunately for you, there is an orange flavor there. All may not be lost, however. You can ask to see the ingredients in the orange soft-serve -- this is usually a flavor base that a dairy product is added to. There's a chance that the orange flavor is not naturally derived.

Also, in my experience, places where the flavors don't change (unlike, say, my neighborhood frozen yogurt place which changes flavors daily), the pineapple soft-serve is always made in one machine, the vanilla in another, etc.

Finally, at Aloha Isle, you can see them handle the food and make your own judgement call. It's small counter service place where the soft-serve machines are in plain view. It is a very busy place, so in order to avoid any cross-contamination, your SIL may want to order things that come in cups vs. cones. A server may have a drip of orange soft serve on her hands, but they are touching the outside of the cup, not the inside, so she wouldn't ingest it unknowingly.

Have a safe trip!

:tink: DVCDawn

Rice crisps treats are not peanut or soy friendly. Make them at home and take them with not kidding. For the most part you'll find lots of peanut safe food but not much thats prepackaged.

This is an older thread so don't know if you are still interested. The krispy treats and any of the chip and dale stuff is a no go. I'm having Divvies delivered, free of charge, to my hotel. They carry cookies, chocolate, popcorn, candies like jelly beans, and gummies. You wouldn't have to pack it and you'd get your treats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter