Ricardo Mango Rum

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Glfnjoe, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Glfnjoe

Glfnjoe Earning My Ears

We'll be sailing on a 4 day Bahamas cruise on the Dream next month. A friend of mine has mentioned that he just finished his last bottle of Ricardo Mango Rum. Apparently it's only available in the Bahamas. We've been to Nassau before but have never shopped for rum. Has anyone ever heard of it and if so is there a liquor store near the port that carries it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

I think we got Ricardo, but I think we got the Coconut. We are also major fans of the Tortuga liqueur brand and their rum cakes. All the booze we bring back from Nassau is pretty good. It's like they only ship crappola to the states. Good rum shopping is available practically right off the ship.

4. klepton

klepton Mouseketeer

I also can't speak to Ricardo specifically, but I love the Tortuga Mango Rum from Grand Cayman. I would definitely say give it a try, rum in the Caribbean tends to be a lot better than here in the state IMHO.

I'm going to try some Ricardo when I'm in the Bahamas in August.

5. disdel

disdel Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Yep, just walk up from the pier to Bay St., turn right, liquor store is about a block on the right. They have all the RICARDO rums, I believe under $9/liter. Enjoy!

6. Glfnjoe

Glfnjoe Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of the replys. DISers are the best!!

7. oliverdj

oliverdj Mouseketeer

We have purchased this rum, banana & coconut by Ricardo & we love live love it! The coconut rum by tortuga is also DELISH! Like the pp it's located right at the shops at the port.

They usually have samples available for you to try it :)

Enjoy!