Reviews of Alaska port adventures

narsibvl

DIS Veteran
Guys

Is there a thread on review of Alaska port adventures ? I am thinking of booking for 2012, prices are way too high. Here are my concerns,

1. What is there for a 7 year old and 4 year old to do in terms of port adventures ? We are what I might consider moderately if not mild adventure types so no active adventures for us.

2. Also the food, how vastly different is the Alaskan menus from the regular carribean ones ? Wife is a pure vegetarian, so is my dd. Dh and I make do with meat and chicken but not big on sea food.

3. Is a verandah a must for alaska ? The prices are over the roof...but very tempted.

We cruise to Alaska August 23rd.

Here is the link to shore excursion reviews from returning cruisers.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2723087

It seems as if there are a variety of activities to suit many needs and interests. Booked through DCL, they are very pricey. I have been researching and found that booking directly through the companies or doing them on your own, you can save tons of $$$.

I also don't do seafood. I don't know how different the menus will be, but I am sure I will find something to enjoy on the menu.

As far as a veranda goes, I don't know if it is necessary for everyone, but as far as I am concerned, it is always a necessity. IMO, this is one cruise if you don't usually book a veranda and can swing it, I would. I think it will be nice on Tracy Arm day to be able just to step inside my own cabin to warm up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter