1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Reviews--Holiday Inn Express Nearest Universal

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by EMom, Apr 26, 2012.

1. EMom

EMom <font color=red>Comes from a long line of all fork

Has anyone stayed at this HIE? It is right across from Universal. I want to book it ASAP for 2 nights before we check into HRH.

We check in late one evening and will spend one full day with Orlando friends while at the HIE and then check into HRH to go to the parks.

They say they have one floor out of ten that is smoking. I can't be anywhere near smoke due to severe asthma. I'm a little concerned about that, but hope getting a nonsmoking room won't be an issue.

I'd appreciate ANY feedback you have.

THANKS!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pixeegrl

pixeegrl DIS Veteran

We stayed there in 2008 the night before we left as a place to sleep before heading home. It was definitely not the RPR (where we had just left lol) but it wasn't bad. Just a place to sleep before heading home. Make sure you call the hotel directly and voice your concerns on receiving a room as far away from the smoking ones.

4. Tizzy_Meliss

Tizzy_Meliss No longer an HHN virgin. ;)

We stayed there before ... just make sure it's the one with Blues Brothers in the lobby. The rooms are small and the bathrooms have those slider doors instead of real doors. The hotel was very clean, they had free breakfast items that included eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. I didn't eat them so I can't attest to how good it was. I'd stay again. They even have a shuttle to the park.

As to your Asthma issue, I would make sure to call and speak to the hotel directly and let them know how sick you can get if not in a non smoking room or exposed to smokers. This way they can make sure you will be in a non smoking room. :thumbsup2

5. damo

damo Proud Redhead

It isn't a Holiday Inn Express that is right across from the Universal Studios complex....it is a Holiday Inn and Suites Maingate to Universal Orlando. Make sure you don't book the Holiday Inn Express if you want to be within walking distance. It is further down Major Blvd.

We have stayed at the HIE. The hotel is nice but not within walking distance.

6. pixeegrl

pixeegrl DIS Veteran

Um, ok now I'm not sure which it was we stayed at lol. Just know it was a Holiday Inn since that's where hubby gets his points from....

7. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

In-laws stayed here summer 2011 as they did not feel they needed FOTL staying at RPR with the rest of us.

We checked in for the last night as we were not going to a park because of our flight times.

it was a very good appointed room and plenty of space.

Breakfast offered a variety of items. I think hot was sausages and scrambled eggs :)

8. Dynostan

Dynostan I had kids just for a reason to go to Disney

I travel a lot and stay around that area. I stayed there last week. The rooms are small compared to other Holiday Inn Express Hotels. If you can get the Holiday Inn Suites down the street I prefer it. This one is newer though. No desk for woking. Room was clean, and it was inexpensive. If you plan on walking to universal it's a good distance. One good thing lots of restaurants within walking distance.

The Double tree is close by and is nice too. You can usually get it for about $99 a night.

Hope this helps.