Review of Donald's Breakfast

Priorityonecb

DIS Veteran
It was nice to have a large breakfast halfway into our trip. But, I can't say I was completely impressed with the selection at this breakfast. There was one row of foods...waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy. There was a smaller section with a few token pastries and a tiny bit of fruit. I was hoping for more fresh fruits and more "gourmet" pastries. I can't say it was worth $125. We felt a little stressed because our waiter told us if we happened to be at the buffet when a character came by, he would not come back by again. Not hugely stressed, just a bit. I was on vacation afterall!

I asked for a hot tea, and was brought coffee *three separate times before I finally got tea! The server kept blaming it on the kitchen...I drank that one very slowly because I wasn't sure I'd get another! :rotfl2:

The character interaction was good, and it was good to get those main characters out of the way. We are not the type to stand in long lines to get a few seconds with the character, so our character meals did the trick for that.

Overall, it was a good experience...but I can't say it was our favorite. I think Animal Kingdom needs some better table service options.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Read a few posts lately about people being rushed.

Thanks for the review, we are giving this one a try in October. Having been there only once before back in 2002, I must say we thought it was delicious back then....

Oh well, I'll give it another chance and hopefully it will be just as good as I remember it.

I agree, we also do not like to stand in line for characters, only the rare ones are really worth it. DD 10 has to stop every time she see Chip n dale though....

We have a Krispy Kreme here and go often, so those don't wow us anymore! :rotfl: We enjoyed the breakfast, I was just expecting more variety. We definately left there stuffed!

Thanks for the review. We have done that character breakfast and are giving it a try on our trip in August. We are staying at AKL and have an 8 a.m. ADR and then will head right to EE. :)

Priorityonecb said:
We have a Krispy Kreme here and go often, so those don't wow us anymore! :rotfl: We enjoyed the breakfast, I was just expecting more variety. We definately left there stuffed!

THEY HAVE KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!! Okay, my DH is sooo fired! I sat at the table with DS2 while he went through the buffet for me. I had eggs, fruit and pastries. They were good but I can't believe he didn't get me a Krispy Kreme!

Good thing were going back in August. This time he can sit at the table. I think I'll get him a yogurt. :rotfl:

Priorityonecb said:

Krispy Kreme! Ackkkkk! Our local Hy Vee Food Store put Krispy Kreme donuts in and took out the ones made in the store. 6 months later the ones made in the store are back. Krispy Kreme's are so overrated. :rolleyes1 The only thing that makes them a little better is if you get them at the Krispy Kreme store when they are hot.

We have done this one twice and I kind of feel like the OP. Yeah it was ok, but the service was kind of so-so and the price is tough to pay for breakfast. It's kinda funny b/c when we were there in August w/free dining. We paid for this meal OOP and the service was probably the worst of all TS's that trip. It wasn't bad, just not really attentive. Plus the server was a bit annoyed with me when I wanted to use my Disney Visa reward points to pay for part of the bill.

We went there in May (on the dining plan) and the variety was much better. There were all the things the OP said, plus some amazing breakfast pizza, cheesey hash browns, cereals, bagels, and more fruit. (Plus, we did find the doughnuts.)

Were you there especially early, and maybe not everything was out yet?

Anyway, we loved the food. And our waitress was fun. My only warning is that some of the areas are kind of dark for pictures/video of the characters.

This was the one character breakfast my son wanted to do, so we will go. I just get a kick out of him having a good time. I do hope we have a good experience, but I think a lot of it is in the approach. My new motto is "go with the flow" because I tend to be a bit "wound tight." I am really looking forward to it. I got a first seating of the day, so I can't wait to enter an empty park, that will be a first for me!

to the OP:

What time was your ADR? We have an 8 a.m. ADR for our September trip. Will the characters come around pretty early or is it better to high-tail it to the buffet first?

(We have a Krispy Kreme that is on my way to work. Zzub may have the battle for his wallet, but everytime I pass that store it is a battle for my waistline :sad2: )

DAK is planning a Table Service restaurant in the Asia area.....soon. (next year I think)

Stay tuned.....

Thanks for sharing your review, sorry you weren't impressed with this breakfast. :donald:

We were there June 14th. I agree the food is good, my kids had plenty of choices. The charaters were definately more rushed there, than at other charater meals we had. The service was just okay. We were half way through our meal before we even got drinks. The kids were given milk without even being asked. DD9 doesn't like milk with her meals. I gave her the OJ, I was given and didn't want. We will not do this one again.

there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews. We are thinking of trying it but everyone seems to have contradicting opinions. The character meals are pretty expensive and now I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry it wasn't a totally positive experience for you.

This was our very 1st character breakfast on our very 1st day at WDW so we have very fond memories

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!