Returning To WDW

canadiancruisers

Mouseketeer
Sorry for what I know is a repeat question! I've seen the answer here many times but of course, now that I need it, I can't find it anywhere!

What is the most likely time we would arrive back at WDW if using DCL transport after our cruise. We are staying at the WL. I'm trying to plan what activities we should do that day, and what advance dining reservations we might need.

Can anyone answer this question? I'm planning to do AK that day and just want to get a sense of when we might check into our hotel and be able to get over to the park. Thanks in advance!

A lot of it will depend on when you get off the ship. If you are one of the first off the ship and on to a bus, then you would probably leave port around 8-8:30 (the buses leave as they get filled up). I'd say 1 to 1-1/2 hours to your resort depending on which resort they go to first. You should definitely be at your resort before noon if not sooner.

I have never done this before, but if everyone has to be off the ship by 9am and it take 1-1:30 hr between the Port and the resorts (depending on traffic and what resort you are staying at) :teacher: I'm sure you would be back in time for lunch!

You can be at WDW by 9 am IF the ship clears as usual and you are in the first wave to get off...or you can remain on the ship till 9 am and get to your resort about 10-10:30. It is about an hour drive from the port to WDW.

Some thoughts...if you are doing other parks on other days, I'd maybe switch the order. AK closes earlier than any of the other parks on a regular basis...usually like 5 or 6 pm depending on the season. That might be plenty, but you might want to look at which park might have "extra magic hours" that evening if you want to make it a long day.

Obviously, if you plan to eat at a sit down restaurant, you'll need to mad ADRs. There are plenty of good restaurants both in and out of the parks.

If your room is ready when you arrive, you'll have access to it at that time. Otherwise, the bellman will keep your luggage and WL will call your cell phone or text message you with your room number when it is ready. They will give you the KTTW when you check in, but it won't work to open the door till they page you.

As all the PP have said- it depends when you get off the ship and then also when the transportation leaves.

We decided to go to AK on the day back from our June 18th cruise (the hours were long since it was summer- though we left after our 5pm ADR's cause we had seen everything we needed at that park).

We were one of the first ones off the ship- we walked right off, no lines, walked right through customs (no lines) and were outside the terminal by 8:10. We were ushered to a taxi van that had 3 spots left (we had Disney transfers booked but they were filling vans before the big busses since not that many people were ready). We were at the Contemporary (3rd stop) by 9:30.

After checking our luggage with bell services, wandering around the resort for a bit, checking into the resort and getting our park tickets, then waiting for the bus, we were at AK by 11. We dawdled a lot though and could've been there by 10 if we hadn't done window shopping, gotten snacks, etc first.

We had luck working in our favor all day- no lines and immediate transportation. Another day and my guess is things could've gone very differently.

You might consider a "relax" day after the cruise. We were too exhausted to use our last day @ WDW. Wished we had done 2 days @ WDW before the cruise.
Heidi

Do they assign you a time to leave the ship, or once you are ready you just go to the area to leave? I am just a bit confused on this as this will be my first cruise and I don't want to waste too much time:) Thank you!

You will have an assigned time for your breakfast on the last day based on your dinner seating on the last night. However, if you do not like the time, you have no problem. You can eat at the buffet on deck 9 at any time you'd like. The buffet serving stops PROMPTLY at 8:30.

No assigned time for disembarkation; you get off after you've eaten.

You might consider a "relax" day after the cruise. We were too exhausted to use our last day @ WDW. Wished we had done 2 days @ WDW before the cruise.
Heidi

We are always too tired after as well. Plus, WDW tires you out even more. We plan our "land" portion before we sail whenever possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter