Return to Walmart

britfish

DIS Veteran
DD was given a Cars version of Leapster2 on Friday (we were given the walmart reciept with it stating it was included in case this was duplicate toy). She opened it and put her name in the computer and used it just that time. We then went away for the weekend and returned home today to find another Leapster present waiting for her. My Aunt gave her the purple one which she loves and wants to keep (no recipet for that and bought on opposite coast).
I am so bummed I have all the packaging and Cars one was used for maybe 5 minutes. Any chance I could return it to Walmart? I am thinking probably not since her name is in the game but I thought just maybe I could.

Probably not. Once software has been opened it cannot be returned. You can try but I don't think it will happen.

DD was given a Cars version of Leapster2 on Friday (we were given the walmart reciept with it stating it was included in case this was duplicate toy). She opened it and put her name in the computer and used it just that time. We then went away for the weekend and returned home today to find another Leapster present waiting for her. My Aunt gave her the purple one which she loves and wants to keep (no recipet for that and bought on opposite coast).
I am so bummed I have all the packaging and Cars one was used for maybe 5 minutes. Any chance I could return it to Walmart? I am thinking probably not since her name is in the game but I thought just maybe I could.

You're out of luck returning it. http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx

• Prerecorded music, movies, and software products must be returned unopened.

You can probably sell it used through Amazon -- it's a very easy process.

ebay, craig's list, amazon...

Any electronics, movies, software, that sort of thing is never returnable at any store. All they will do is replace it with the same exact item.

thats a bummer, however I kind of figured as much. Thanks for the other ideas, maybe I'll try to sell it.

Why not just ask the Aunt to mail you the reciept. Explain that it was duplicate and would like to exchange/return it. I am sure the aunt will understand.

Nope -- it's standard across the retail industry -- stores will not accept opened returns of software/music/movies as these items can be easily copied/pirated.

Just to be clear, this is a handheld electronic game. Im not too tech savy so that may be considered software. I went ahead and listed it on Amaon, who knows maybe it will sell, if not on to plan b!

Give it a try! It is not considered "software" as software is specifically targeted at computers. This is an electronic game with an electronic cartridge.

However if they don't accept it as a return (wal-mart might insist on giving you a gift card instead of cash), then yes - sell it online.

I think they will take it. I returned one before (it was not working right). They did not say I had to do an even exchange. I DID get another one - but didnt have to.

Did you look anywhere for a reset button? Maybe you can reset the toy so her name will be erased. If you have all the packaging then package it back up and return it. Tell them the truth, she got 2 for her b-day. I think as long as you have all the packaging you'll be okay with returning it. Also, read over the directions and see if it tells you how to change the name. My kids have never had one of these toys so i'm not really sure how they work.. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter