resturants near HH

M

magic cruiser

Could someone suggest some good places to eat for adults at HH.What about the seafood resturant adjacent to DVC property ?

I haven't eaten at the Kingfisher (which is the one I think you're talking about), but across from it is Scott's Fish Market. This was my favorite restaurant of all the ones we've tried. San Miguels is also within walking distance and serves great Mexican. The Old Oyster Factory is decent too. Giuseppe's had good Italian, with a very casual atmosphere.

Scott's is a great seafood restaurant. Also within walking distance is San Miguel's (Mexican), the Kingfisher (seafood/steaks), an Italian restaurant (I can't remember the name right now) and the Harbourmaster (steaks, seafood).

Scott's, San Miguel and Kingfisher have entertainment and Scott's and San Miguel have a walk-up bar outside.

Also nearby- on the way to the beach- is Alexander's- another local favorite. Giuseppi's is a great little Italian place with good sandwiches and pizza (also a DVC discount).

Scott's and the Kingfisher offer a 10% discount for guests at the resort.

There are many fine dining locations a short drive away. The Big Bamboo, Hudson's and Old Fort Pub are also great spots for a meal...and don't forget "A Private Affair" right at the resort itself!

Enjoy!

Hi,

One of my favorite restaurants is the Spartina Grill. It's a tiny place a few miles up from the resort. It has a mediterenean look but it serves low country cuisine. It also serves many meals at appetizer portions so there is plenty of room for dessert.:D This place is very busy on the weekend so reservations are always a good idea.

have a great trip!!!! Paula

The Old Oyster Factory and Truffles Cafe are my 2 favorites. My nine year old loves the burgers at the Brew Pub. Hope this helps.

A Private affair was by far the best dining experience we had on our recent trip. The other restaurants we enjoyed were the Old Oyster factory, There are a couple of Japanese Steakhouse ( I can't remember the name of the one we went to but it is in a shopping plaza just before you enter the Harbour Town area) , if you fancy a cheaper alternative the hamburgers at Freddy Fudruckers were excellent. The mexican near to DVC I have eaten at three or four times now and always been good food.

It sounds like there are a lot of good restaurants around HH - are there any that should definitely be avoided?

Avoid Crabby Nick's at all costs!!! It is a discount seafood place, and IMHO, you don't even get what you paid for. We didn't try their fried seafood, but the broiled was YUK.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions ! I can always count on my DVC friends to come through ! Helpful comments like this is what this board is all about !! ;)

Here's my list, hope it helps.

Fine Dining
  1. Old Fort Pub
  2. Sunset Grill
  3. Fitzgerald's
  4. Charlie's (french something)
  5. Alexander's
  6. Charleston's
  7. Santa Fe
  8. Captain's table
  9. Cafe Europa
    [/list=1]
    Pizza
    1. Dunes
    2. Guisseppi's
      [/list=1] Both right close by DVC
      Fun/Family
      1. Old Bamboo
      2. Old Oyster Factory
      3. Truffle's
      4. Wild Wings
      5. Hafbrauhouse (? sp)
      6. Crazy Crab, especially at Harbour Town
        [/list=1]

I'd avoid CQ's and Charlie's Crab.

Others to consider that I don't know much about are:
        1. HH and Blufton Diner
        2. Alligator Grill
        3. Abe's Shrimp House
        4. South Beach Cafe (? name)
        5. Scott's
        6. Kingfisher's (recommended for seafood by a friend and right by DVC)
        7. La Pola (in with Kingfisher's)
        8. Quarter Deck
        9. Harbor Masters
        10. Westin Seafood Buffet
        11. Cafe at Wexford
        12. Tony Roma's (how different can it be)
        13. Hudson's (near Old Ft Pub, my partner really liked it)
          [/list=1]

Discounts, DVC has a discount list, just use your room key or member card. Many of these above have early bird specials. There is a Restaurant Guide that has menus as well as a list of early birds, etc. For seafood, Old Oyster Factory is a must but doesn't take reservations. There are coupons in the books for free salads and they let me use the free salad as well as DVC 10% off both. If you at all like wings, Wild Wings is a must, I think they have 23 flavors of Wings. Best steak was Fitzgerald's. Old Bamboo is like World War II or MASH, good food also. Best Views were South Beach Cafe, Cafe Europa, Quarterdeck, Old Ft Pub, Sunset Grill (so I'm told) and maybes Harbormasters and Kingfishers. Best Value likely Old Bamboo, Wings, Old Oyster Factory, Dunes Pizza. Some of these are in Sea Pines and there is a $5 fee per day.

Cafe Wexford is wonderful for lunch or dinner, has always been consistently great food. Not appropriate place to take children.

We had Sunday Brunch at Abigails which is a small cafe in the shops at Shelter Cove, easy walking distance from Disney. It was great. The kids liked the waffles, my husband had crepes and I had a wonderful shrimp special. They have just started serving dinner and we had a great shrimp salad and their spinach salad looked great too. They have a number of Fondue's which we tried one, and I just don't think we are fondue people. You can do take out, which works great with kids (they do not have a kids menu) we will get it to go, and feed the kids something simple. My 4 year old did like the shrimp salad but I don't want him getting used to ordering from the adult menu.

We are trying Sparta Grill tomorrow night (kids will be at Kids night out). We went there last summer and really liked it. They did have a kids menu but it was fairly high priced and the kids didn't like the food (too fancy of a pizza). We loved it and hope it's as good as we remember.

We love Hilton head ice cream and go there a couple of times each trip. The kids really like it as they have a little sundae bar with sprinkles, candy, toppings that they can self serve. There's a fish tank and a carnival mirror that distorts your figure, free peanuts and a fountain court yard out back. It's all little stuff, that for my kids has become a tradition. The ice cream is really good as well.

We have not liked the Mexican restaurant the last 2 times we tried it, and have not liked King Fisherman, both seemed over priced and the food quality was not that great. We used to really enjoy harbor Master and that was also disappointing the last time we went.

I have heard great things about Redfish but have yet to try it. We are hoping to do a lunch there, but may not get to it this trip.

Check the local paper for coupons, we went to Charlestons for lunch and got 20% off. It was average, but for the price, I'd do Cafe Wexford in the future. Charlestons does have a childrens menu and did not seem to mind that we had kids.

San Miguels in Shelter Cove is on my list to never go to again for Mexican Food. Four of us ate there one night, and not a one of us ordered the same thing, and not a one of us liked the food we got. Now I admit that I lived in Ft. Worth for seven years and have my opinion of what Mexican or Tex-Mex food should be like, but this stuff was just not good. Aunt Chilada's Mexican food is much better IMHO.

Why is Cafe Wexford not appropriate for children??

Tommy, I agree.....as a Texan, I know my Mexican food!! It would be hard to top what I eat here on a weekly basis!

Just got back yesterday from HH and had a great time. Scott's Fishmarket was very good again and we had a great meal at the Oyster Warehouse.

Even though we didn't eat there, a CM told me that Kingfishers has really improved and they were trying very hard to get back on the resorts prefered dinning list. They had problems with the service a while back.

Cafe Wexford is a very small, intimate restaurant that is not very noisy and the food is fairly upscale french. We paid to have our kids go to a Disney kids activity for the afternoon so we could go have a nice quiet lunch. There was a very cute baby (about 1 year old) who sat right next to us and squealed. I guess it depends on the child. We have taken our kids there for lunch when it was possible to eat outside (weather permitting), but in general I'd avoid taking kids, mostly the size and the fact that they do not have a childs menu suggests they are better left at the resort in the kids night out.

We went to Redfish today, which is also fairly upscale and took the kids. The kids meals were 6.95 each and the pizza was not something I would eat. My son surprisingly ate it. Food was good, but not exceptional. Cafe Wexford still gets my vote for best lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!