Restricting Airspace around WDW!

dbkelly

Mouseketeer
My husband just told me that the radio announced that NYC, DC, WDW and Disneyland has a 3 mile restricted airspace radius in force as of today.

O.K., now I am scared! I don't think they would have included WDW or Disneyland if they have not heard some threats. Has anyone else heard anything?

D. B. Kelly

In all likelyhood they did this because they realize that among American icons, Disney is way up there as being very Americana. This does not have to mean that they have heard any specific threats.

They did the same thing for the past Superbowl, even though they had no specific threat. I am really kind of surprised that they have not inforced the no-fly zones earlier.

Our local news station reported that WDW was being included since it was a "symbolic American" destination. No specific threat was mentioned. We are leaving tomorrow for the World. Staying offsite 3 nites and checking into OKW on Sunday. We're watching with anticipation all of the world events, but have no plans to cancel our trip. My DH, however, doesn't want to use Disney transportation. I know he was just joking, but it really makes you wonder. I'm curious as to if the war will have any affect on the crowds. I'll let you all know when we return.

Disney Days to you all!

Lissa

Just so we keep tabs here, there have now been concerns over Disney, gas stations, bridges, airports, tunnels, hotels, apartment buildings, the Sears Tower, the Hoover Dam, hospitals and just about every other place except the street I live on.

Not to make light of anyone's concerns but this is exactly what terrorism is......fear.

Go and enjoy yourself. If air space is restricted and the country is on high alert that is the safest time. If history has taught us anything it is that these cowards strike when we are not prepared.

If you have been to WDW or DL in the past eighteen months, you have been to a terrorist target. That fact is nothing new. The airspace restrictions have been put in effect because of the expected war wich began about an hour ago.

I heard someone else say that they were frightened by the flight restrictions... I totally don't understand that reaction. It's like getting a dead bolt and then being afraid that someone could have broken into your house easier before... Oh, wait... I have a better analogy... Being "freaked out" by WDW's airspace being protected is like being freaked out because food service people wear rubber gloves. The germs were there all along, you're just better protected now. It should make you uneasy that they went all that time without wearing gloves.

When I heard the announcement (3 nautical miles or 3000 feet above), I was relieved. I feel safer now knowing that this aspect is being watched more closely.

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but my understanding is that when we invaded Afganistan, WDW world was found as a potential target on captured terrorist computers along with many other targets.

I know it is a scary time, but we need to live out lives and enjoy the freedoms we have. Pray for a speedy, quick operation by the skill and bravery of our fighting men and women and the safe return of our troops. Get this thing overwith quickly and return Iraq to it's people for a new and better future as fast as possible. God's speed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter