restricted access to Wizarding World?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by susienut1, Mar 15, 2013.

1. susienut1

susienut1 Earning My Ears

We will be there Easter weekend/busy time. Not staying on site.

Will be there very early before opening to ride Forbidden Journey etc.

Was thinking of then leaving Wizarding World area to ride other rides before long waits develop then coming back to look in the shops in the Harry Potter area later.

In the Unofficial Guide it says that at very busy times sometimes they block off the area and give out passes to come back later if it gets too full. I realize even though the book says 2013 it was written a while ago. Just wondering if that still occurs. If so we may stay in the Harry Potter area to look in the shops in the morning until we are done and not come back later.

Thanks for your help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

I haven't heard any restrictions lately but it hasn't been terribly busy. With Spring Break upon us and large crowds daily, it might happen but it would have to be wall to wall people for them to do that again.

There's just no way to know for sure.

4. damo

damo Proud Redhead

It happened this past Christmas break. If you go immediately upon opening, you should be fine. Then come back again after dinner.

5. susienut1

susienut1 Earning My Ears

Thank you.

The unofficial guide makes it sound like them blocking off the Harry Potter area is still very common but I'm thinking that is outdated information from when the area was newer and more packed with people.

Will try the idea about riding Forbidden Journey, Dragon Challenge early then going back to explore shops at a more relaxed pace later.

Thanks again.

6. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

no, it's not that common.

i have only read about it being closed off on parry hotter opening day/weekend and for a few times during the Christmas holiday period.

Christmas thru NY is a busy time in the parks.