Restaurants Where You Can Eat at the Bar?

Mortlives

DIS Veteran
While I am just planning my first solo trip, it seems to me these could be wonderful for a solo traveller.

IIRC, the TV Lounge and Kona Cafe have bar seating. Is that still true? Any where else? Do you need ADR's for these now?

While I am just planning my first solo trip, it seems to me these could be wonderful for a solo traveller.

IIRC, the TV Lounge and Kona Cafe have bar seating. Is that still true? Any where else? Do you need ADR's for these now?

The Tune-In Lounge is an option, but seats are very limited so it can fill fast. Kona allows ordering full menu at the sushi bar which is actually 'just' outside of the Kona Cafe.

Other places to check out that allow bar seating would be Flying Fish, Blue Zoo, The Wave, Jiko (very cool seating at the open kitchen), California Grill (check at the podium), Crew's Cup (I think you may be able to order from the Yachtsman menu?), Sanaa ... probably forgetting many others

In addition to the ones already mentioned, Yak n' Yeti, ESPN, Big River Grille

Also, Hollywood Brown Derby, Flying Fish (Boardwalk), Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)

You do not need reservations to eat in a lounge or bar.

Narcoossee's is a great one for solo dining at the bar! Bar seating is always first come first served; except for examples like Flying Fish, or the California Grill (if you are doing a wine dinner or omikase/tasting menu). The Almond Cheesecake is a must if you stop by Narcoossee's!:D

Last edited:
Full meals at the bar at:
Shulas
Flying Fish
Citricos
California grill
Narcoossees
Jiko
Blue Zoo
Yak and Yeti
Raglan Road
Il Mulino
Olivias (Gurgling Suitcase bar)
Fultons
Wave
TRex ( I think)
Paridiso 37

Artist Point has no bar--just a lounge. Same for Yachtsman.

All have "first serve" open seating but REMEMBER--all these bars are not that large.So arrive as early as you can for best seating. On occasion we've found a bar full and had to wait some time before geting a seat.At California Grill they won't even let you in to eat at the bar (w/o a reservation) if the bar is full.

Last edited:

Some bar meals may be a great way for you to break the ice on a solo vacation (I haven't tried them) but definitely book at least a few fun tabletop reservations for yourself. I've eaten on my own countless times and never felt out of place. The reality is that most families or couples around me are so into their own issues and dramas that they never look up to see me at the next table dining alone. I've never felt awkward or that I stand out. I enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant and sometimes do chat with folks at the next table if the situation works that way. Some solo diners use some of the more awkward "waiting for food" time to check their itineraries on their phone, post text msgs or emails. I people watch & just enjoy the restaurant. I also really enjoy a bit of elbow room and quiet after being surrounded by people for hours in a busy park. A couple of good starter restaurants for dining solo are San Angel and Sci-Fi (some people are more comfortable in a darker atmosphere since they feel they are not as visible) and buffets like Boma, Cape May, Tusker House & Biergarten (putting in your time getting up for food). Personally, I just make reservations for a mix of tabletop reservations that I want to try or are old favourites . . . regardless of the "I'm eating on my own" thing. On a very few, rare occasions, I've had less than great service because of the assumption that the tip isn't going to be as good with one diner, but it doesn't happen often. Do branch out from bar meals and try some tabletop. You may be surprised how easy and comfortable it is!

For us (Mrs U and I) the benefits of eating at the bar include avoiding screaming kids throwing food and running around the tables, the luxury of having your server right there at all times, bartenders who are very friendly and have lots of "stories" to tell, and other bar patrons (when there are some) to share in polite conversation.

In addition to those already mentioned, I remember seeing a bar area at Kimonos when I was there. If you like really good sushi, you should check it out. They don't open until 5:30 & Karaoke begins several hours later. I went just after opening & enjoyed a nice, relaxing meal.

what about Planet Hollywood? I have a free voucher for there and I'm going alone...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter