Restaurants on the dream (rotation)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by expeditioneverestgrl, Jun 23, 2013.

1. expeditioneverestgrl

expeditioneverestgrl DIS Veteran

I know you do rotations for the restaurants (main dining), but what restaurants (in order) did you go to each night? How was your rotation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

Our last 4 night rotation was RAEE. I like letting Disney do their thing when it comes to dining assignments, we've never requested anything other than second seating because main is WAY TOO EARLY for us. They are good at what they do.

4. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Last year on our 5 night on the Dream we had AERRA. A few weeks ago DH and I sailed without our kids and we had our TA request RAE or ARE. We wanted to have Palo on our last night and we preferred to skip EG. If I wasn't planning to eat at Palo/Remy then I wouldn't bother requesting a specific rotation. :goodvibes

I forgot to mention we were actually given RAE as our rotation.

5. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

Our first 3-night rotation was RAE
    Second 3-night was ERA

6. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

We were assigned Animator's Palate, then Enchanted Garden, then Royal Palace. Worked out perfectly for us in terms of what we had planned to wear (where the "dress up" night coincided with RP), but my cousins ended up getting messed up because they chose wrong with Palo night, and didn't end up dining with their children on dress-up night (b/c they went to Palo).

7. epfootballcutie04

epfootballcutie04 DiSnEy PrInCeSs

Last year on our 4 night we had... ERAA.
    We had a group of 10 total, 3 separate groups that met on here/our sail dates Facebook page: A family of 4, a couple adult sisters and one of their 2 kids and then my hubby and I. It was amazing. Our wait staff was so-so... not bad but not outstanding. Our seats in Enchanted weren't the best but our head waiter told us to wait till the next night and we wouldn't be disappointed and RIGHT HE WAS!!! We had the very middle huge circle table under the big chandlier! From what he told us, they call that the captains table. I want to say our table number was 86.... but I could be wrong. It was AMAZING.
    And then animators was fun as always- we had a table right in front of a screen so Crush was able to come talk to our table :-) That was so cute!!

EDIT: I guess I could also add that with this rotation we had semi formal night while we were in Royal.... and pirates in Animators. :-)

8. Carol G

Carol G Mouseketeer

It depends what number rotation you are...1, 2, or 3.
    3rd rotation is EGRPAPAP
    This is for a 4 nite cruise on the Disney Dream

9. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

That would be ERAA

The 4 night rotation is 1233.

Whatever MDR you begin in is #1

The order that it seems that they run the MDRs seems to always have Royal Palace following Enchanted Garden which follows Animator's Palette.

So if you start in Royal Palace first, your rotation is RAEE.
    If you start in Animator's Palette first, your rotation is AEPP.
    And, if you start in Enchanted Garden first, your rotation is EPAA.

Night 2 is Dress Up Optional night, and night 3 is Pirate night.

10. expeditioneverestgrl

Thank you all for your rotation order!! :)

11. JAMWDW

JAMWDW Mouseketeer

Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace, and Animator's Palate.

12. Princess_Kayla

Princess_Kayla Pre Published Author

Our 5 night was RAEER Which was great because all the adults had Adult Night Dinners the first EG night and then ate there the next night.

13. csturg

csturg Earning My Ears

Am I correct to say that you dont find out your rotation until you get on the ship?

14. expeditioneverestgrl

Csturg,

Yes, you do get your rotation when you first enter the ship.

15. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

You get your rotation on your KTTW card when you check in, just before you get on the ship.

16. donalduck

donalduck DIS Veteran

This is so confussing?????? What is a rotation? What does this mean? Is it a different restaurant each night or something?

17. PrincessShmoo

Most cruiselines have one dining room that everyone eats in for dinner.

On DCL there are 3 Main Dining Rooms. During the cruise you will "rotate" through the different MDRs (along with your servers and any tablemates you may have).

The rotation that you see referred to is the order that you will dine in them. You get this information upon checkin at the port. It will be printed on your KTTW card. And there is usually a dining ticket in your room with the same information.

18. RunningWithScissors

RunningWithScissors Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

On a 3 night Dream cruise, is there a Pirate Night and if so, does the Pirate menu take the place of the regular menu for the dining room you are in for that night? Just slightly confused. :confused3

19. PrincessShmoo

Yes, there is a Pirate night on a 3 night cruise. There is no Pirate menu in the MDRs that night. Because there are only 3 nights onboard, each MDR serves their Signature menu.

But there are still the Pirate Parties and fireworks, and pirate buffet.

20. RunningWithScissors

RunningWithScissors Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

Oh good! The Pirate menu posted on another site was a little disappointing! Thank you for the quick response!!

21. donalduck

donalduck DIS Veteran

do they charge for soda and coffee at dinner? I heard something about some kinda of card you can buy and you can get all the soda u can drink is this worth the price?