restaurants in Grand Cayman

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by pluto1974, Jan 22, 2013.

1. pluto1974

pluto1974 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone
    We (4 adults + 1 child) are looking for a place to eat after our city tour in Grand Cayman. Looking to try local food like conch fritters.

There has been mention of a few places like Cracked Conch and Grand Old House but they don't seem that close to the port. Has anyone been there that can give advice? How long does it take by taxi and how much does the taxi cost? Is the service fast?

Are there other places nearer to the port that are just as good?

Don't want to miss the boat!
    Thanks

2. ChloroFiend

ChloroFiend DIS Veteran

We ate at a place called Hammerheads...its about a 5 minute walk from the port to the left (as you exit and face the street). Typical beach front bar and grill with some surprisingly good food. It's also home to the 7 Fathoms rum distillery if that's your thing. The conch fritters were excellent. Be warned that the jerk dishes do indeed pack some heat. :thumbsup2

I'd definitely eat there again if we find ourselves back on GC.

3. sharbear

sharbear DIS Veteran

My BIL who has been to Cayman numerous times swears the conch fritters are best at Paradise. Every trip start with conch fritters and smoothies. It's right at the port, just turn right.

The Cracked Conch is very nice, but it's across from the turtle farm. There is a bar downstairs which is a better choice for things like conch fritters. The Grand Old House is very nice, very upscale.

4. pluto1974

pluto1974 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the recommendations! I will have to keep my eye open for Hammerheads and Paradise. Maybe i'll have to try 'em both if they're yummy :P