Restaurants for 6 year old boy

pentex

DIS Veteran
What restaurants/shows would you recommend to take a 6 year old boy to?

Thanks!

I reccomend any character meal that is a buffet. Everyone can eat what they want to and the character interaction is great, non-rushed and they come to your table so you don't have to wait in line. Pretty much every Disney restaurant is "kid friendly", so look at the menus and decide what he would like to eat. We have not done the laua or HDDo, these may be good but are a little more pricey than the regular character meals.

My guys have always loved Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Sci Fi Dine In, and Rainforest Cafe. We'll be trying 'Ohana for the first time this trip, but from what I've read it would be great for a 6 y/o. Whispering Canyon sounds fun too. For character meals, my guys also enjoyed Garden Grille. Although we haven't tried them, I've also heard good things about the character meals at Cape May and Chef Mickey's. Gosh, there's just so many!!

Trails End at FW is yummy! My dd just loved it! They have all the "kid favs" like mac & cheese, mac & red sauce, pizza. You can take him for a pony ride and/or stroll around the small petting zoo.

Whispering Caynon Cafe (WL) is also great for kids. The CM's keep the kids very entertained!! Food is great in both places too.

If you want to go to a bit more of an "adult" place, Concouse Steakhouse (CR) is excellent. It's very low key with great food. My dd is quiet as a mouse cause she loves watching for the monorails & trys to guess which color will come next.

Our son really had fun at Ohana when he was that age. He is a picky eater and ordered from a kids menu rather than the entrees served there and was thrilled. There is a lot going on.

He also has always loved ESPN. He couldn't believe they even had tvs in the bathroom.

While I agree Concourse Steakhouse is a great choice and a great restarant, keep in mind that it is right next to Chef Mickey's and you can see and hear a lot of what is going on and that might just make a 6-year old wish he were there instead.

Sci-Fi is great for kids, as well as Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickey's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter