Restaurant running very late, what are my options

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kddisney502, Sep 11, 2012.

1. kddisney502

kddisney502 <font color=blue>P: What's the problem with Goofy?

I've seen posts that people have waited an hour or more past their ADR time to be seated. If a restaurant is running that late, and I've checked in on on time, what are my options at cc guarenteed and at CRT? Can I persuade the CM at the podium to not charge me so I can leave? Does the CM at the podium even have that ability? I can understand waiting up to 30 min, but an hour or more, no way. I'm probably over-worrying here, but would just like to know my options. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GraceMonica

GraceMonica DIS Veteran

I was thinking about the same thing! Curious to know the answer as well!

4. Meredisney

Meredisney DIS Veteran

If a restaurant is running that far behind, you can probably find a manager running around. If you ask to speak to him/her maybe they have the ability to reverse the charges? Good question.

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The CM at the podium may not have the ability to do that themselves, but they can certainly call the manager for authorization.

6. kt_mom

kt_mom DIS Veteran

The only restaurant I've ever been held up that long waiting was 1900PF dinner. We waited over an hour past our reservation one year. I don't remember for sure what time our ADR was. But I think it was a peak time like 5:30 or 6:00. Now I usually schedule it early when they open or close to it, or later like 7:30 and have had better luck. I think the table turnover is slow there because the character interaction is so good but it does/can take a little longer for them to all make it to your table. I think most people wait to see them all.

We've never really had a problem anywhere else that I can remember.

7. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

If they are that late I would expect them to not charge you the guarantee. They are the ones who "failed" to show up not you! LOL!

If they wouldn't do it I would ask for a manager.

8. NoOrdinaryPrincess

NoOrdinaryPrincess DIS Veteran

I was waiting for my table at Le Cellier back in May, and a gentleman walked up to the hostess and explained that they were going to be unable to make their reservation because their son had gotten ill. The hostess was able to cancel their reservation no charge, no hassle. If your excuse is reasonable I think they should be able to do it.

9. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

I think it comes down to luck of the draw. We had a very bad experience on that count at Crystal Palace, with both the hostess and a manager insisting that they had no ability to waive the cancellation fee. But that was January when the fee was brand-new so maybe the process for making exceptions wasn't yet established/known, or maybe they were taking a hard-line with initial enforcement to prove that the new policy had "teeth"? I e-mailed and wrote guest services but never did get a response, which has left me a bit wary of other CC hold restaurants even though I can count on one hand the number of times we've had a complaint-worthy wait over probably 100+ ADRs over the years.

10. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

I have never waited more than 15 minutes at CRT. I don't think you'll have an issue.

11. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Next time go directly to Guest Services and complain LOUDLY and then file a dispute with your credit card company. Why should you be expected to pay for their error????

I would have raised such a stink they would never forget it. I am over Disney dining and it's attitude. Of course every trip I eat more offsite. I have a 10 day trio coming. No TS meals at a Disney resturant. Will eat at Swan/Dolphin and offsite

12. carrie6466

carrie6466 DIS Veteran

The only place we've every waited that long is at Crystal Palace. The longest we've ever waited at CRT was about 15-20 minutes.

13. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I didn't think Le Ceiller was a credit card needed reservation.:confused3 That makes a bit of a difference. Easy to walk away when you know they are not going to charge you for doing so.

14. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Yes, it is one of the CC guarantee locations.

15. Nadjalu

Nadjalu DIS Veteran

I wouldn't worry to much about this. We have eaten at all the "so called slow places" and have never been sat late. Infact we are always seated early. Usually we are there 1/2 hour before and are sat right away.
    ONce at LeCellier we showed up 2 hours early, we checked in and was told we would have to wait until our adr, which was no problem. I was exhausted and just wanted to chill. 5 mins later we were shown to our table!!

So if it does happen, just plan to speak to the manager and I am sure it will be taken care of. But I really think it happens a lot less than you hear about.

16. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

Just call the reservation # and they'll take care of it.

17. canopynut66

canopynut66 DIS Veteran

OHanas is the worse at this------- they always running behind. think is they have way to many CM's trying to check people in and they all get confused and then trying to take pictures that most do not even want so that backs it all up