Restaurant Marrakesh?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by NicoleinFL, Nov 15, 2003.

1. NicoleinFL

NicoleinFL Mouseketeer

I purchased tickets for the CP this year and decided to try something NEW! I made reservations at Restaurant Marrakesh as I always end up eating at the same old place....LeCellier... I hope I did the right thing.

If you have dined there recently, would you please share your opinions. TIA
    Nicole

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneysteve

disneysteve You have to enjoy life, not go

Haven't been there recently, but I don't believe it has changed much. DW and I were there a few years ago. Good food, good service, beautiful artwork and tile work in the building. Our only complaint was that it is quite loud in there due to the tile walls and ceiling. Not the place for a quiet romantic meal.

Steve

4. LibertyBelle

LibertyBelle Guest

It's my favorite resturant in Epcot. Love the food, love the atmosphere, the service is good. My only suggestion is to be careful with the red sauce they give you for the bread :) Try it first... I love all dipping sauces so like a fool I glopped it on the bread and was breathing fire for a week :) :) :)

5. daisax

daisax DIS Veteran

Was there a few weeks ago -- loved our dinner so much we went back for lunch on our final day!

We weren't too adventurous with the main course -- I got the chicken shish-kebab and mom the beef shish-kebab and we swapped skewers so that we both ended up with some of each. Delicious!

We tried a Moroccan dessert (white cream stuff on a wafer). Not to our taste, but you need to take some risks :)

Mom liked the Moroccan beer -- I stuck with club soda.

I think with a large party I'd definitely order some of the sampling menus.

I don't think you can go too wrong -- the shishkebabs will do for the least adventurous (very tasty spices), and there's plenty that will be unfamiliar for those who want to experiment.

And the entertainment is excellent!

6. crisi

crisi DIS Veteran

Marrakesh is our same old place. We love it here. Although this last trip we went only once (the previous trips we always ended up here a second time - usually due to not have PSs and this being a good choice for sit down if you don't have a PS), and tried a lot of new things and have some new favorites.

But it is still good. Our last meal here wasn't as good, but I don't think it was the food. We had an inattentive server and got seated near a very large party in the back corner of the restaurant.

7. callaghan

callaghan Mouseketeer

My very FAVORITE restaurant! How can you go wrong when everything is cooked in cinnamon and sugar? Well maybe not everything, but close to it. Try the Chicken Bastille, Mmmmmm. Delicious. Hubby and I now search out other Morrocan restaurants, comparing everything to the Marrakesh. Go and enjoy, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    callie

8. PSUfan

PSUfan Earning My Ears

Loved it! One of my favorite places in Epcot.

The food was great, the atmosphere was exotic (really enjoyed the music and the belly dancers).

Our servers were very attentive (DH told them it was our 25th wedding anniversary).

::MinnieMo

9. NicoleinFL

NicoleinFL Mouseketeer

Thanks to all of you! Seems like I made a great decision! Looking forward to trying something new! :earsgirl:

10. D&R love Disney

D&R love Disney DIS Veteran

Great choice, this is one of my favorite EPCOT restaurants. We just ate there last month and if was as good as always.

11. Kevenswife2

Kevenswife2 <font color=blue>Much easier for me to say, "NO!"<

I'm also glad to see these responses as this is where I want to eat when at Epcot. Hey, it's my 40th birthday! I'm going to live a little. :jester:

12. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

Glad to read such great reviews. Marrakesh is one of the few restaurants at Epcot we have never tried, maybe on our upcoming trip we will give it a try.

13. gizfish

gizfish We wants the redhead! Gives us the redhead!

14. NicoleinFL

NicoleinFL Mouseketeer

15. scrump

scrump <font color=royalblue>so the decision has been mad

sounds good, i think we'll give it a try as well! can't wait to try those brewat rolls(?) that i think i read about before, the meat pies coated with cinnamon and sugar.

16. MHopkins2

MHopkins2 <font color=purple>Stop spinning your ring...I'm d

Mmmmmmmmm - beef brewat rolls are AWESOME. :) They're not really "meat pies" though - they look more like egg rolls (but the "shell" isn't as thick as an egg roll).