Resorts with Best Christmas Decorations?

ariane37

Dis veteran
Hi all,
Heading down to WDW in a few weeks for our 4th Nov. trip, but have never visited other resorts to see the decorations. Definitely going to see the gingerbread house in GF and I hear FWL isn't to be missed. What other resorts have the best Christmas decorations?
Thanks!

I'm not sure if by FWL you mean the Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness campground. With that said, the WL is gorgeous and is not to be missed, IMO. We have never visited the campground, but I have read that the guests there really do alot of decorating and it is amazing to go through there. Even though the WL is our favorite during the holidays, we also love the GF and the BC/YC/BWI :santa:.

Hi all,
Heading down to WDW in a few weeks for our 4th Nov. trip, but have never visited other resorts to see the decorations. Definitely going to see the gingerbread house in GF and I hear FWL isn't to be missed. What other resorts have the best Christmas decorations?
Thanks!

I think its the Yacht that has a moving carousel made of gingerbread that shouldn't be missed. When we went for Christmas two years ago, we took the monorail and hit the MK resorts and then hit the EPCOT resorts. The Boardwalk had a pretty cool gingerbread set up too. If you have the time, I'd try to go see them all.

All of the Epcot resorts are great. Don't forget about the Swan...they had a huge chocolate sculpture last year.

Thank you! We're staying at the Boardwalk so we definitely won't miss that :yay:. And I never would have thought of the Swan, but will add it to my list since it's so close anyway.

We are arriving New Year's Eve probably late afternoon. We will be staying at Pop that night & we will have a rental car. My plan was to drive to WL then boat over to CR then take the monorail to GF & Poly. Does this sound doable? I'm just afraid the traffic will be unbearable trying to get to WL. Any advice? Thanks!

The Christmas tree at Jambo was beautiful a few years back!!

GF is my favorite.

I think its the Yacht that has a moving carousel made of gingerbread that shouldn't be missed. When we went for Christmas two years ago, we took the monorail and hit the MK resorts and then hit the EPCOT resorts. The Boardwalk had a pretty cool gingerbread set up too. If you have the time, I'd try to go see them all.

We haven't been in Dec for about 3 years, but then the gingerbread carosel was at the Beach Club. Yacht Club had a large miniature village type display. There was a ski chalet, train, etc, all with mini characters. There was sooo much to look at.

I love the look of the BWI trees & decorations. The old fashioned glass ornaments say "Christmas" to me. I am in the minority, but I didn't care for the Wilderness Lodge decorations. I am not outdoorsy & so those woodsy, nature type trees aren't to my taste. Love the fireplace & cosy seating areas tho!

We are arriving New Year's Eve probably late afternoon. We will be staying at Pop that night & we will have a rental car. My plan was to drive to WL then boat over to CR then take the monorail to GF & Poly. Does this sound doable? I'm just afraid the traffic will be unbearable trying to get to WL. Any advice? Thanks!

Definitely doable. But, I would take the back route. By that I mean heading down past the entrance of POFQ on Bonnet Creek Parkway, turning left onto vista Blvd and going by the entrance of Fort Wilderness. You will then come out to the intersection of Vista Blvd and World drive. Turn right onto World Drive then right onto Timberline Drive and the WL. That route takes you around all the trafic heading to MK. You can check it out on Google.

We haven't been in Dec for about 3 years, but then the gingerbread carosel was at the Beach Club. Yacht Club had a large miniature village type display. There was a ski chalet, train, etc, all with mini characters. There was sooo much to look at.

These were taken in 2010:

Beach Club:

048.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

Yacht Club:

285.jpg

286.jpg

287.jpg

while you are at Pop - appreciate its decoration - also might go see if AoA has any this year.

Yep, that's what I was talking about! I just loved that YC display. Must have been cold when you were there....everyone seems to have on jackets & even gloves! :scared1: Thanks for posting!!!

I agree....the YC display is amazing ::yes::. We were there for 7 days right before Christmas and while we did have a few days of warm weather (75-80), there were also a few days that were a little on the chilly side. December is one of my favorite times of the year to go, but the weather can be so iffy and can suddenly change overnight.

What resort are you staying at? In any case, here's a good plan of attack:

Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon resorts: Start at the Transportation and Ticket Center. Take the Resort Monorail and stop at the Polynesian, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian. Take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge. If you're there at night, supposedly the residents of Fort Wilderness decorate their campgrounds!

Crescent Lake resorts: Star at the Boardwalk and walk around the lake visiting the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, and Yacht and Beach Club. (And while we're in the area, don't miss the awesome holiday events in Epcot. Try the Gluwhine!)

Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas: AKL, Kidani, and Jambo are a little out of the way but worth it. I love their decorations!

Have a wonderful time!

Definitely doable. But, I would take the back route. By that I mean heading down past the entrance of POFQ on Bonnet Creek Parkway, turning left onto vista Blvd and going by the entrance of Fort Wilderness. You will then come out to the intersection of Vista Blvd and World drive. Turn right onto World Drive then right onto Timberline Drive and the WL. That route takes you around all the trafic heading to MK. You can check it out on Google.

Thanks so much! That'll help out alot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter