Resorts outside of The Fort

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by Ntocamping, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Ntocamping

Ntocamping Earning My Ears

I routinely see posts where people say they visit other resorts within WDW. Is this just to see the hotel and activities or is it b/c people eat at them maybe. Is there something about other resorts that one should not miss if making the trip. We'll have our 6 and 10 year old with us so I would have no interest in checking out a hotel just to see what it looks like on the inside. Sorry for the dumb question.

2. retired and happy

retired and happy Auburn-him/Alabama-her

Both. Most resorts have fine table and counter service restaurants. They also have specific themes for their decorations, which many enjoy visiting and seeing the special items displayed by the folks at Disney.

3. DentalDana2

DentalDana2 Mouseketeer

I only go to other resorts to dine. Of our upcoming trip we'll be going to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, 'Ohana at the Polynesian and Sanaa at The Animal Kingdom Lodge.

4. bama_ed

bama_ed New Software Calls For A New Avatar...

Nto,

I've toured the other resorts to see their Christmas decorations.

This year I'm planning to drop by Wilderness Lodge and get the tour they offer of the lobby and building. I think they point out the design similarities to America's historic national park lodges. Plus it's free.

Bama ED