resorts more crowded than normal for October?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by TraTra, Oct 15, 2010.

1. TraTra

TraTra Earning My Ears

I hope you experts out there can help me understand why it seems that the resorts are all booked for October? We go to Disney every fall - last year was the first time we went during Free Dining - we vowed never to do that again. We like the light crowds. This year we are going 10/17 - 21 and just for kicks I look at rates to see if any specials pop up. But when I try to pull up resorts - there are almost NO rooms available. I am freaking out because I am hoping the crowd level will be lower than normal. Any suggestions on whats going on?

Thanks

Tra

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

Great weather, Halloween party, Food and Wine, Fall breaks for lots of schools, others thinking that crowds will be low.

The word is out.

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

agree

think the food/wine by itself is enough

5. Goingon40

Goingon40 Earning My Ears

I agree with all the previous poster listed, just got back and did find the resorts very full, much more crowded than three years ago in October.
    Going to have to go back to the week prior to Thanksgiving when it was very quiet.

6. My3kiddos

My3kiddos DIS Veteran

We just got back Sunday and although we stayed offsite the crowds seemed lower compared to last year (last year we went during Columbus Day week). The World Showcase was extremely crowded on the weekends, but during the week was very manageable (virtually no wait at any of the F&W booths).