Resort with the best beach area...

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lydia91, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Lydia91

Lydia91 Earning My Ears

Hi! I understand that some of the resorts have a small beach area. Any suggestions on which is the nicest?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Yacht and Beach Clubs have a nice beach. But you cannot go into the water. You can lie on and play on the beach.

4. Trollingforthimbles

Trollingforthimbles Mouseketeer

We make it a point to go get some rest on the chairs at the beaches behind Yacht & Beach Club. Usually after hitting up Boardwalk Bakery.

Those two resorts have the best beach and pools.

5. PHLtoMCO

PHLtoMCO Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

We prefer the Poly. At night you can watch Wishes over the castle while in the pool or sitting on the beach. Truly magical :goodvibes

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The Poly is our favorite. We love watching the fireworks from the beach and it's so relaxing lying in a hammock listening to the boat horns as the boats go back and forth to MK :cloud9:.

7. rznhal

rznhal DIS Veteran

This is the beach area at Coronado....it was nice! No one ever used it.....I don't think there were chairs......just hammocks....my kids didn't seem to mind:goodvibes

[​IMG]

8. Maggie'sMom

Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

My favorite is the beach at the Poly. You can't beat a view of Cinderella Castle.

As PPs mentioned, you can't go in the water.

9. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

Poly definitely has the most active beach. You will see people using the chairs, kids playing in the sand, etc, it's right next to the pool, pool bar, music, and kids activities. At YC/BC the majority of the guests are inside Stormalong Bay, so you really don't get as much action around their beach area. I think this is mostly due to SAB having its own beach area where kids play in the sand and can actually get in the water. At night they do have movies on the beach that draw a bit of a crowd, but during the day you won't see many people there. At the Poly the beach is crowded most nights because of the great fireworks and EWP views. :)

10. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

WL has a wonderful beach. They have lots of lounge chairs and a playset for kids. It's so quiet and peaceful to read a book or view the beautiful scenery.

11. twinboysmom

twinboysmom DIS Veteran

Many of the resorts have some really nice areas. I thought the beach by the cabanas section at CSR was really nice and cbr has a lot of nice beach areas. Both of those resorts were at capacity when we have stayed at them and the beaches were always empty. The Poly beach is beautiful but can be a little busy. WL and FW also have nice beach area. WL was empty when we were there but FW had some people but wasn't crowded.

12. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

Couple shots of Beach/Yacht, Poly is very nice as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

View from beach/slide:

[​IMG]

13. Disney st8 of mind

Disney st8 of mind Mouseketeer

It depends on your taste. I personally don't care so much for the BC beach. There's always a bunch of people .... walking to Epcot, riding surrey bikes, and the view across to the BW isn't that exciting. Love WL ... so relaxing and quiet and the view of neverending water and trees is all that! I guess it comes down to if you want quiet and relaxing or lights and people.

14. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I think the Poly is my favorite out of all that I have gone to.

15. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

I can agree, although the pic above is spring break and as you can see the beach is always pretty dead. We have the water view every day from our house in MN so Disney's BW is a nice change.

[​IMG]

16. HMANSION LOVER

HMANSION LOVER PIN TRADER

Just don't go in the water GATORS! That's why the ducks swim in the pool

17. Disney st8 of mind

Disney st8 of mind Mouseketeer

I KNOW!!! In our 8 trips to Disney my DH has always wanted to see a gator. Finally in Aug on our first stay at VWL we finally saw one while waiting for a boat to MK!!! He must have taken a dozen pictures of that thing on his phone he was so excited!

18. tink_n_pooh

tink_n_pooh <font color=darkorchid>my TP isn't going anywhere.

BC/YC and Poly both have very nice beaches

19. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

Are guests from other resorts allowed to visit the beaches and spend some time there, or is that considered the same as pool-hopping and not kosher?

20. grimley1968

grimley1968 DIS Veteran

Sure they can. Non-Poly guests come to watch Wishes at the Poly beach every night. As a Poly guest I have never been bothered by this, as those beaches tend to be kind of common areas anyway. I view this in the same way as a non-guest coming to eat in the restaurants or shop in the gift shops. No one is getting anything they haven't paid for in those cases. Pools are a specific resort amenity those resort guests have paid for.

21. bethclayton

bethclayton DIS Veteran

our favorite is the poly. the view from the beach there is just a real sight to take in.