Resort Survey ... on Resort Fees

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
Check out this survey this guy got and just posted -

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/707404345210372096

CdE0D-gWAAQtjoZ.jpg

These have been in place at the Disneylan hotels for over a year now. I am kind of surprised they haven't tacked them on at all the WDW resorts.

I wonder how likely it is that parking fees pop up later too?

I already thought we were paying $50 (conservative and for values) to $300 more a night to stay on property to get DME, MB, FP+ 60 days, free parking, and EMH. So, if they are worth $65 to $315 now, then just charge that. Don't tack on stupid fees that I can't refuse to pay, if I stay at your hotel:sad2: It's just pure greed. I think it's horse hockey when other hotels do this, so it's not better if Disney does it.

These have been in place at the Disneylan hotels for over a year now. I am kind of surprised they haven't tacked them on at all the WDW resorts.

However, people have a lot more convenient and reasonably priced options at DLR. Plus, the only tangible benefit to staying onsite at DLR is the early entry. So, you aren't really stuck onsite as much there.

I guess Disney has not heard the phrase........Pigs Get Fat Hogs Get Slaughtered............The mouse has become a hog.

Polynesian Hotel Unparallelled Guest Service?? Really??? Having a maintenance guy spray chemicals in the lake with a gasoline engine pump and then blowing sand with gas blower at 7 a.m. is considered unparalleled ?? Even the Fairfield Inn wouldn't treat a guest like that........is the 8 am knock on the door by housekeeping on your check out day (even though privacy sign on knob), unparalleled guest service?

I'm canceling our trip to the world in November of this year and heading back to Hilton Head. Starting to regret even buying the tickets last year that we now have in my DME.

Last edited:
My general reaction to this is a big yawn, since most people are generally going to look at the total cost of the room and not just the base rate. Disney has always increased room rates substantially every year, and it doesn't matter to me if they break out these fees or build them into the base rate. To me, a base rate of $350 a room plus $15 for services is the same as a rate of $365 per night without the separate resort fee as long as the services are the same.

I think there would be a revolt if they tried to add these fees to stays with DVC points. It would cause some people to pull out their contracts to see if this would even be allowed.

I wonder if one of the objectives of something like this is for the company to reduce the amount it has to pay in some state or local taxes. We all see that string of room and occupancy taxes that get added on to base hotel rates at Disney and everywhere else. Maybe hotel services that are priced separately and are not directly related to occupancy of the room are not subject to those taxes.

I guess Disney has not heard the phrase........Pigs Get Fat Hogs Get Slaughtered............The mouse has become a hog.

This is my DH favorite saying when he thinks that someone or some entity has gotten too greedy.

I agree that Disney is pushing the envelope for what they charge extra for.

What is next?

My general reaction to this is a big yawn, since most people are generally going to look at the total cost of the room and not just the base rate.

My response to that echoes what a few other people have already said...if you're going to raise room rates, then just do it. It's really annoying to have a price listed and then have to go through a whole song and dance just to get the "actual" price...especially if you're trying to do comparisons between different hotels. Also, psychologically, its super frustrating to browse while planning a trip, make some decisions and then remember "oh ya I have to tack on an extra hundred bucks" or whatever to the end price. One of the great things about staying on-site is that when you see your price and pay it, you know everything is included.

Honestly I would just stay off site at that point. To me the main perks of on site are transportation and no resort fee, but most area hotels have transportation now. Adding $15 to like a moderate priced at say $185 is just too much for me (sure many don't feel the same, but still).

So this pays for both DME and parking? Who uses both?
It pays for Tragic bands? Gee, now you charge me extra for faulty technology.
Childern's Activities? I am a single adult. I don't have kids why should I pay for htat
Resort Entertainment?? Well considering the current trend is to lay off all the entertaiment that's not worth much!
WiFi? Wait, I can't get on a ride without using your stupid APP and you now I have to pay for it and the Fast Passes

Just another reason to stay off site. (Of course this will shoot a big hole in the chant of "the fees at the Swan/Dolphin make it cost more then Disney... math I have never followed since the hotel rooms are often less then half a Disney "deluxe")

Poor service and high costs don't create loyalty Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter