Resort stay with 2 different discount dates

Melanie415

Mouseketeer
Aloha all, so I'm not sure how to ask this succinctly but here goes. If I'm planning on vacationing at the Polynesian resort, for example september 26-October 8 of 2016 and historically a percent off room only discount is offered for a portion of that time (late summer discount or free dining discount book by October 3rd) then a different discount is offered for the latter part of that time, (no free dining and 10% off room only, maybe) would I need to book 2 separate reservations, or could they apply the different discounts to my reservation? I realize free dining would carry over for my length of stay and the percent off is only for select dates. I think I would prefer room only discount for my family of 4 staying poly concierge if that would be a better deal. I'm even considering renting points for a Poly studio ( renting 2 studios for mom and my family interconnecting to share) if that would be a better option not knowing if a discount will be offered for our time frame or if I could secure those dates by renting points. Also, not even sure if renting at the Poly studios at 11 months out would be available. Apparently, The prevailing theme of my post is, I don't know what I should do!. What would you advise?

Aloha all, so I'm not sure how to ask this succinctly but here goes. If I'm planning on vacationing at the Polynesian resort, for example september 26-October 8 of 2016 and historically a percent off room only discount is offered for a portion of that time (late summer discount or free dining discount book by October 3rd) then a different discount is offered for the latter part of that time, (no free dining and 10% off room only, maybe) would I need to book 2 separate reservations, or could they apply the different discounts to my reservation?

You would have to book 2 separate reservations.

I realize free dining would carry over for my length of stay and the percent off is only for select dates. I think I would prefer room only discount for my family of 4 staying poly concierge if that would be a better deal. I'm even considering renting points for a Poly studio ( renting 2 studios for mom and my family interconnecting to share) if that would be a better option not knowing if a discount will be offered for our time frame or if I could secure those dates by renting points.

Be aware that there is no way to actually book connecting rooms, it is only a request. They will try to grant your request, but be prepared that your rooms may not connect and may not even be next to each other.

Also, not even sure if renting at the Poly studios at 11 months out would be available.

You would be able to rent at 11 months from somebody who owns at the Poly.

Apparently, The prevailing theme of my post is, I don't know what I should do!. What would you advise?

I would price out both a room only discount and renting points. Then decide which would work better for you.

Mahalo dansdad! 2 reservations sounds like a pain in the you know what since we might have to change rooms.
I'm really starting to consider renting the DVC points and foregoing the club lounge just for the simplicity of booking a (discounted) room not knowing what kind of discounts Disney would offer next year.
I know that renting points has its negatives due to not being able to change your reservation dates and no daily maid service. Guess it's just a roll of the dice to guess if It's a good idea to book DVC during what "normally" is a good discount time Disney offers for the last week of September, first of October or just take my chances? Decisions, decisions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!