Resort Recs for: 7 months pregnant mom, 1 year old DD, 7 year old DD, 21 year old DSD and daddy?

pregnantw4thprincess

Mouseketeer
Hi all :flower1:

I am currently planning our trip for December 28-January 6th...Last minute, I know, but we decided on a whim that we'd better take one last vacation before the new baby is born in March!

Our party will be either 3 or 2 adults (depending on whether or not DSD can get the time off of work) as well as one child and an infant. We are trying to narrow down our options for resorts so that I can get it booked as soon as DH gets his Christmas bonus! Talk about cutting it close, but it is what it is!

First of all, I am debating whether we should do a split stay...I was able to find a room at either the Poly DSSV or WL SV for the entire stay, or we could stay at AKL SV for the first half, and then the Contemporary TPV for the second...I am leaning towards the split stay because we could visit MK whenever we want for the second half, plus being able to sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks while the baby sleeps would be so amazing...it would also be super nice to be able to just walk home from MK. The thing that gives me pause is the AKL half of our stay...I am worried it would be a nightmare to have to bus everywhere we go.

Our main parks for the day will be, in order of days, MK, AK, HS, Epcot, MK, Epcot, MK, HS, MK, MK...If we only get base tickets, these will be the park that we visit each day, but if we are convenient to MK and get hoppers, then I anticipate that we will visit MK at some point every day.

Also, should we bother getting the Park Hopper/Water Park Fun and more passes? DD 7 really wants to do the water parks...we will be there while each one is open in turn (they are being shut down one at a time), but I have been reading that it may be coooooooold. I feel like if we pay the extra for the Hopper passes, we may as well pay the extra $87 to get the water parks, too...but if it's going to be too cold to use them, maybe we should just get the base tickets? The park hopper tickets are a $240 total upgrade (based on 3 adults, 1 child), then the addition of the water park to that is $87, for a total of $327. If we do wind up staying on the monorail, I can see the park hopper definitely being worth it as we could pop over to MK or Epcot pretty much whenever, but not sure otherwise.

Oh, and one last thing (I'm so sorry for how long this is, but I'm overwhelmed)...Is it pretty safe to assume that I will not be able to get any ADRs or good FP+ considering how close we are booking?

If you made it to the end, thank you so much! :worship:

Go to the Dining Reservations page on the WDW site. put in your location, date, time and party size. It will show you where there are ADRs open. Yes, they'll be more limited but they're not impossible. (Unless you want TS dinner IN Epcot on 12/31. That's not happening for a party of 5.)

Personally, I would not do a split stay with little ones.... More hassle than it's worth IMHO. I would go with the Contemporary or Polynesian because the rooms are so much bigger, which is great with an infant. Another option is Boardwalk or Beach & Yacht club. You may want to consider trying to get a one bedroom at Saratoga Springs too.

So I wouldn't get the hoppers or more..... I would just get regular tickets and then if you get there and feel like you are missing out, just add them on. I think you will probably need some more downtime than you expect between pregnancy and an infant!

You will be able to get FP and dining reservations maybe not your first choice though. But that's ok - it's still a great time!

There aren't any rooms for the length of our stay at the Contemporary, sadly...There is one at the Poly, but it is standard view, so I am worried that it would be by the construction.........

I wouldn't bother with the water park passes. It's often really cold that time of year - the year we went for New Years it was 30F. If it is warm just spend more time at the hotel pool. All of the deluxe hotels have great pools.

I'd also stay at the Poly or Contemporary for the convenience of the monorail to MK. I've never stayed at either but never taken a 1 year old or done so many days at MK either! :)

I'd stay at BC or YC, as the pool area there is a mini water park. There's a sandy section for the 1 year old, a great water slide, and even a mini (but deep) lazy river. It's not as convenient to get to MK though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!