1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Resort Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by tandj, Feb 23, 2013.

1. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

I was referring to the possibility of being hit by debris. I would think there would be more out and about at 7:30 because of those wanting to get an early start. If they were leaf blowing to avoid hitting somebody, I'd think 10:30 would be a better time.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Sure. I'd also think that at 10:30 the CM had an assignment that couldn't be done at 7:30.

4. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Exactly.

5. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

I think 7:30 was too early. Campgrounds usually have quiet hours from 8:00 AM to either 10:00 or 11:00 PM.

To answer a PP's post, Disney, as far as I know, doesn't have "quiet hours" so you roll with it.

My resort pet peeve? People who yell "we're sleeping" at 7:30 AM. :rotfl:

6. ktlm

ktlm DIS Veteran

A long time ago, I spent my honeymoon in a standard room at WL over the service area where every morning before 7:00 a.m. we were awoken by the back up beeps of trucks and trash bins being picked up and slammed down. I think resorts just do what they need to do, and sometimes you wind up in the unlucky spot where it affects you.

7. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

A few years ago during a night of not being able to sleep, I ended up walking around the bulk of POP property at around 430 or 5, maybe a little later than that, I don't remember exact times. I can tell you a lot of guests were already up, either getting coffee from the food court or some were jogging around the walking path. They were also working on the grounds at that time, driving around on their golf carts and all sorts of stuff. It's Disney, the goal is that you don't notice work going on (as much as possible) so obviously they're going to do it when people are either asleep or not around. They'll do the quiet stuff while the bulk of people are asleep and the noisier stuff when they think people will be up or already in the parks. At Disney, that's going to be a lot earlier than what you're used to at home.

8. gogo

gogo DIS Veteran

We had one of these rooms and I remember the noise starting around 6:00 a.m. I went to the front desk and asked for another room. We were told there were none. This was quite a few years ago. If I encountered that problem again, I would be more insistent on being moved. I understand a standard view but the noise in those rooms were kind of unacceptable. I've stayed at WL after that trip and booked a courtyard view.

9. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

and possibly wake up the neighbors who managed to sleep thru the leaf blower;)

the deluxe rooms seem to have better soundproofing

I wasn't thrilled a few years ago when I discovered our value room was across parking lot from a bus garage...they start the engines very early.:crazy2:

10. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

It's interesting that we found the noise in the interior hallways to be worse. Last year at the BC, we had a family in the room next to us that allowed their children to act like wild animals. They were all screaming and banging something against the walls late at night, early in the morning and as they left the room in the morning, they continued screaming and running up and down the hallways. We put up with it the first night but by the second night, my DH marched over to the concierge desk (we were staying CL) to complain. Needless to say, they received a knock on the door and we didn't hear a peep the rest of our stay. Had this happen over at AKL as well (running up and down the halls).

11. JustCallMeMommy

JustCallMeMommy DIS Veteran

I would imagine that they chose 7:30 because they wanted to get the leaves off the sidewalks just before the peak morning-sidewalk usage time.

That is also the kind of thing that should pass pretty quickly. I would have put a pillow over my head and waited her out.

12. StillWorldlyWise

StillWorldlyWise Earning My Ears

... or perhaps they had to leave early to visit their poor sick mother. How far are you willing to go down this Jouney to Imagination to justify any possible Dis action? I agree that calling the front desk would have been more effective. However, I don't see how asking the CM to stop was wrong. The CM should then notify their manager that the task they were assigned was disturbing guests. Perhaps that would lead to scheduling changes in future.

13. litlpixie

litlpixie Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

Biggest resort pet peeve for me is seeing guests in the food court barefoot-:crazy2: EWW!! I may be the only one who thinks this is gross, but why on earth would anyone walk into a restaurant (that IS what it is,right?) in their barefeet? Its so skeevy:sad2:

14. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

DIS action? Or Walt Disney World Cast Member action? A call to the "front desk" would have actually gone to a Call Center where the CMs see the source of the call and answer as if they're at your resort. By the time the message got back to the resort, then the Supervisor, then the leaf-blowing CM - at the very least she'd have moved on to another area if not be finished.

Journey into Imagination? I qualified my statement with "I'd think". The grounds crew having other jobs to do later in the day is more reasonable than moving up all one's assignments to leave early to visit an ill parent. I do know those CMs start early. They're out washing down the walkways of the Value and Moderate resorts really early - about 6:30 or 7:00.

15. ThreeBeans

ThreeBeans Now with FOUR Beans

I understand people wanting to let their hair down because it vacation, but our family's rules for consideration and politeness do not get relaxed just because we're wearing playclothes. If anything, I remind my children to be more on their best behavior because it helps everyone have a good time.

16. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I'm sure that the guests in the rooms around you really appreciated the yelling. If I'd been your next door neighbour you most likely would have been hearing a "New York echo". (apologies to Robin Williams)

17. Bob NC

Bob NC DIS Veteran<br><font color="red">I am a trained pr

Totally agree!!!!!

We have experienced MUCH more noise coming from the interior hallways in Deluxes then we have ever experienced with noise coming from outside at a Moderate.

The interior hallways have kids AND adults talking loud, shouting, bouncing off the walls, slamming doors, running, playing catch, etc etc.

18. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

That was my first thought. I'd be more annoyed with the person in the next room yelling than I would with an employee using a leaf blower.

19. Bob NC

Bob NC DIS Veteran<br><font color="red">I am a trained pr

How about the person in the next room using a leaf blower?

I'm having visions of Bill Murray cleaning up his place with a leaf blower in Caddyshack.

:lmao::lmao:

20. rainbowsandroses

rainbowsandroses Earning My Ears

That is rude. Way too early. They could have used a rake.

I am surprised they even use leaf blowers on Disney property around guests as they are VERY noisy and have the definite risk of projecting debris. I was hit in the face hard with a stone through my open car window by a city crew using one and I was 30 feet away from the blower. Another few inches and it would have hit my eye.

I probably would not have done anything at the moment, but would have complained to the front desk later that day. If they don't get complaints, they aren't going to change.

21. luvthemouse71

luvthemouse71 Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Or they could have piss poor cellphone reception in the room,like I did at AoA. I had to step outside the room to make a phone call. I don't shout into the phone though.

That was my pet peeve about the resort,lol. Other than that, I like it just fine.

The leaf blowing wouldn't have bothered me, I sleep like a rock at WDW and background sounds tend not to bother me anyway.