RESORT Monorails may not stop daily runs until 11:00PM.

Yup.
No mention of the Resort loop.

The "watercraft (where applicable) and additional buses" can be in reference to the TTC/MK loop.

I'm sorry, but the resort loop is part of the MK monorail system. I see no way it will continue to operate and the express shuts down. JMO

It did stop running - 1 hour after normal closing. I read it on a Resort thread for the Poly. Writer said they had to take a bus from Epcot that shared with GF guests, but the Poly was the first stop.

Thanks

Kae

I'm sorry, but the resort loop is part of the MK monorail system. I see no way it will continue to operate and the express shuts down. JMO

If they don't run the resort loop there really is no point in running the Epcot monorail system until 1 hour after Epcot closes on nights when MK closes (monorail shuts down) before Epcot closes. Without the resort monorail Disney will need to provide buses to CR, Poly and GF from the TTC. Stops for those resorts now exist at Epcot at least during EMH. It would seem a better idea to just continue to utilize those pre-existing spots if no resort monorail service will be available. It just seems like a waste to get folks to the TTC then have to bus them somewhere else.

Once we get to September, buses will need to be provided at the TTC for those resort guests returning from Epcot after 8pm several nights a week.

Unless they plan on implementing a bus resort loop starting at 8pm on those nights, it seems like shutting down the resort monorail will require a lot more logistical support than just keeping it running until the Epcot line closes.

Of course we may not get an answer until the first instance of the MK closing prior to Epcot. The only thing I know for sure is that if the resort monorail isn't running when CR, Poly and GF guests return on the Epcot line (during normal Epcot hours) Disney will have to have buses available to get everyone home. Maybe someone can take a peek at the bus stops at the TTC and see if some signage is moving around.

Who knows though, as I remind myself everyday at work - logic is not always in play.

Yea we went around and around on this last night-amazing I could call and reserve a GF room and I bet they couldnt tell me if I can get dinner at Cali Grill at 7PM and get a monorail ride back to GF on Oct 6th after, or a monorail back from Illuminations on Oct 7th.

Please refresh my memory....don't ALL guests leaving Epcot have to take the monorail to TTC? or just guests that park in the lot? How will people get to the parking lot? I am wondering because guests staying at Poly can just walk back from TTC.

I am so annoyed because we just made lots of changes to our schedule just to be in Epcot for EMH, had we not planned on this it would be no big deal for us. ugh!

Please refresh my memory....don't ALL guests leaving Epcot have to take the monorail to TTC? or just guests that park in the lot? How will people get to the parking lot? I am wondering because guests staying at Poly can just walk back from TTC.

I am so annoyed because we just made lots of changes to our schedule just to be in Epcot for EMH, had we not planned on this it would be no big deal for us. ugh!

from epoch they have started to new bus routes one that goes to contemporary and the tic then one that goes to the poly and grand. SO you can still enjoy hem just wont be able to ride the mono rail you have to ride the bus that drop at your hotel in stead of transferring to another monorail. Not sure about mk but if i had to guess it either be the same split or they do a tic only bus then a bus to the contemporary poly and grand. Thinking they will keep the same bus on the three so you could get from the grand or poly to the contemporary for adrs so you don't have to switch at mk. If your staying at the grand you can walk to the poly.

Please be nice to the disney transpiration bus drivers this is not their idea so please do not take it out on them they just do what they are told to do.

I consider the Epcot route to be the monorail(s) that run back and forth from the TTC and Epcot.

I consider the MK route to be both the Express monorail (as it is called) and the Resorts monorail (as it is called).

I have found many times the Express route to be closed down later in the evening and all guests directed to use the Resort monorail.

Liz

If it were only the TTC/MK loop, but not the resorts loop, I would think The Pronouncement would refer to it as "The Express Monorail", not "The Magic Kingdom monorail."

But, it already does.

But, it already does.

Very much so. Furthering that when bookings for monorail resorts drop and worse yet complaints from those people who bought DVC at Bay Lake Towers because of the monorail come in.... yeah if it IS the resort line, this won't last. Guest safety is number 1 but money is number 2 and they'll find a way to be safe AND make money.

Robo,
I applaud you for trying to take an open minded look at a vague statement.
But quite frankly I don't think you'll change the mind of those who read into it what they wanted to.
I'm skeptical about that statement also, I rather doubt ALL monorails will stop 1hr after normal close but will wait and see.
Either way it will be what's it's going to be.

Has anyone considered bringing their own monorail to use on the tracks after 11? ;)

Hahaha, only if they can fit it btwn the mattress and the inflatable swimming pool!!!

:rotfl2:

I figure until it happens it is all heresay and even then it might not happen the same way the next night or even the next. Disney if anything is consistent about being inconsistent.

So with some 8 pm closings this week, any update on when the resort monorail will close on non-party nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter