Resort guests and FP

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by beaprn, Dec 28, 2012.

1. beaprn

beaprn Mouseketeer

I keep seeing mention that resort guests get a number of FP per day but I cannot find this anywhere on the Disney web site. Thanks for any info.:confused3

2. katrina1122

katrina1122 My Tag Fairy Tag went bye-bye :(

You can only have one fastpass at a time. the number depends on when your return time is. it can vary. Fastpasses are free and availalbe to resort and non resort guests equally.

3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I think the OP is referring to the new FP+ system that is currently in the testing phase. With the FP+, you have only 4 rides you can reserve in advance at 1 park per day. If you have been selected for the FP+ trial, you can still use the normal FP also.

But word is once FP+ goes live, if you opt to use FP+ you will not be able to use the regular FP.

And there's more word that a little while after FP+ goes live, regular FP will be no more.

There has been nothing official from Disney as to exaclty how FP+ will be rolled out, but if you are interested in finding out more there are at least 4 threads about it over on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board.

4. TaraPA

TaraPA Can't live without a ticker!!!!

There are currently no perks of staying oniste & getting extra FP. The FP+ program is still in a testing phase & no idea if or when it will be rolled out.

5. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

I just made an ADR on the new Disney World website yesterday. It made me sign up, even tho I have been on the old site for years. In reading all the "fine print", I did read exactly that. "Once available, you may choose fastpass plus" which will utilize RIF (?) technology. Once you pick that option, your paper ticket will be invalid & regular fastpass will no longer be available.

Don't know if I have that terminology exactly right, but it was talking about the radio frequency technology that they are starting to use for room keys & park tickets. But I definately noticed the "once available" & that regular fastpasses would become unavailable.