Resort Fridges

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MCDDance, Sep 4, 2010.

1. MCDDance

MCDDance Earning My Ears

We are staying at WL and know that we will have a small fridge in the room. We want to pack it with fruits, veg, and dairy for our almost 1 year old (turning 1 on the trip!! princess:)

How much could we stuff in there? I called and housekeeping told me "kind of small, but not too small" so I'm imagining a rectangular dorm fridge, but I've been out of school for a bit. :)

Also, does anyone know if there are microwaves we could use for steaming some of her food? (if not I'm going to have to figure out how to do it in the coffee pot. ;))

THANKS!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Goofy4

Goofy4 DIS Veteran

It is a standard dorm fridge, but not the ultra-small variety. It may not be very cold when you arrive. I asked the hotel once to keep a bag refrigerated before getting our room, so that might work for you.

I looked around the net and I think if you pictured the bottom portion of this fridge, that would be about right: http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-3.1-Cubic-Foot-Compact-Refrigerator-Black/14089906?findingMethod=rr

Since the values have a microwave at the food court, WL almost certainly does, but I can't remember.

4. leebee

leebee DIS Veteran

I believe when we stayed at POFQ, the fridge was about 4' tall. I can't imagine that WL would have the shorter, cube-type fridge (about 2' tall) that we received at POP as a medical fridge a few weeks ago.

5. Goofy4

Goofy4 DIS Veteran

Our fridge at WL was inside a very nice built-in cabinet. For that reason, it might be smaller than some mod fridges.

Here it is: http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/fridge?size=medium

6. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Just to confirm, there is a microwave in the seating section of Roaring Forks.

7. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No freeze section in your refrigerator, either.

8. MCDDance

MCDDance Earning My Ears

Thanks! ok, so cross frozen peas of my LO's menu...don't want to overboard her on steamed carrots...got to find one more green veggie we can keep in the room.

Thanks everyone!