resort fee?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by AUTigerFan, Jan 5, 2010.

1. AUTigerFan

AUTigerFan Earning My Ears

I was reading some for rent posts on another website, and there were multiple posts (from the same person, I think) that offered different DVC resorts. The post said that there was a $100 resort fee charged by the resort for transportation from the airport and other things. I've never heard of this before. I could understand if the person renting the points added this payable to him as a hidden/false fee, but it states that the resort charges it. Is this something that renters are charged?

2. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

3. bwvBound

bwvBound DVC SSR & other timeshare

The ads listing a "resort fee" are likely attempting to rent RCI/II exchanges into DVC. This activity goes against both RCI and II membership policies and the reservation is subject to cancellation by RCI/II if found out. Proceed with extreme caution. Better yet, do NOT make contact on ads with the suspicious wording.

4. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

No, but if you use DVC points to book at a non-DVC resort you have to pay a $95 trading fee. But that's the only fee like that I know of. So it depends on what the person is offering to rent the points to use for -- if it was to use DVC points somewhere like the Poly that doesn't have DVC, it would cost $95.

There are no hidden fees for transportation or anything else. Sounds like a "renter's fee" that the owner has decided to charge and pass off as someone else's.